MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&P1.htm

S&W M&P Trigger Job

Standard Trigger job- $65.00 plus return shipping

Smoothes out and reduces pull weight to as low as 3.5 pounds on the M&P40 or M&P9, 4.5 pounds on the M&P45. Reduces reset and over travel. Makes significant improvement over stock trigger. Is absolutely not mushy like a glock with a 3.5 pound connector. I do not change any springs so you not need to worry about light primer hits. This is about as close to a 1911 trigger as you can get without a 1911. No safeties are disabled in any way. I can do the standard trigger job without really reducing the trigger pull weight for those more comfortable with heavier trigger.

Competition Trigger job- $110.00 plus return shipping

Smoothes out and reduces pull weight to 2.25 pounds. reduces reset and over travel. I do not change the striker spring so you not need to worry about light primer hits. This trigger is a little less crisp than the Standard Trigger job but is about the same as stock. This should not be done on a gun intended for self defense.

* I can work with you if you have some specific requirements for trigger jobs

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yeah I can can do the competition level on the 45 it should come out right around 3-3.25.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Can you improve the reset? My .45 trigger does not seem to have broken in as well as my .40. Any idea why so many people are reporting very stiff .45 triggers?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Reset is much better after I am through with it.

They are much stiffer due to a change in angle on the ramp on the trigger bar and the striker spring is stiffer.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
the striker spring is stiffer.

Probably because the SAAMI spec for firing pin indent on 9mm, .40, and 357 SIG is 0.009" while it's 0.011" for a .45 ACP.

By any chance does the .45 striker spring fit on the 9/40 guns?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts