MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a M&P 40 and like it. Really wanted a 9mm that I could shoot as I tried the Glocks and just could not make them run like my 1911s. So. I have been reading the fourm and noticed some of Dan Burwell's work. I thought this might just be the answer to those damn IDPA stock class guys.

Bought the 9mm and ran 250 rounds threw it with no problems other than the trigger was not what I was looking for and my finger slid across the front of the trigger, especially in rapid fire. The next day the gun was in the mail. Dan received the package on a Tuesday and on Friday morning, 1:00am, sent me these pictures and sent the gun back to me. Received it on Monday and thought I was going to have sex with it. That night I put another 300 plus rounds thru it and knew we would get along just fine. The next night I rang it out on some IDPA stages and it preformed mighty fine.

This is a great firearm and Dan Burwell is a greater Pistol Smith. Every one of you should send this man your gun.

Great trigger, excellent workmanship, texturing is wonderful. This is not in any way a 1911 but may be the closet anyone has ever come.

Work done was, Shark Skin texture front and back strap, Trigger job, Mag saftey disconect, Media Blast, Melt treatment and install of a Speed Shooters fiber optic. A close look at the pics will show to other features that we added. I wanted the trigger itself textured so it would prevent my finger from sliding off. It works and I will have all the M&Ps done this way. In addtion Dan wanted to try Stippiling the frame where the support thumb and trigger finger rest. This is way cool. Note only dose it work it looks great.

Dan thanks for all the work and attention. You are a master at your craft. The turn around time and cost for this kind of work in just remarkable.

Now for the pics and remember !

"1911 the worlds finest close quarters combat pistol and, king of feed way stopages"

Ken Hackathorn

Pics to follow after I figure it out. Christ I can carry a gun but cant post a picture. So much for high speed low drag ![/img]

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Excellent pics. That is one fine looking firearm. I've been debating about having some work done. I am particularly fond of the media blast and melt for appearances and the trigger job sounds appealing as well.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well if you need work done we have a few great smiths on this forum. I'm still not sure about the melt/media blast personally as I am worried that it takes the few microns of melonite treated Stainless Steel off in addition to the finish. Maybe Dan can clear this up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks for the response Dan. Now I'm going to see if I should order an extra M&P to send off to you or just wait till I have a spare carry gun to use and then send the gun to you :twisted:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to send my MP9 to Dan for trigger work and beavertail bob. I'd really like to, but with $40 Fedex to him and $40 back it's rediculous. Hell, the shipping is as much as the work!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the end of the day its just shipping. Expensive put needed. To Dan and back $80 bucks plus the $50 for the trigger job puts you at $130. Pretty cheap for a great trigger job. Just buying good trigger componets for a 1911 alone will cost you $150+ without any labor for fitting the parts.

I know its worth it and Im glad I did it. The purpose of this build was a game gun. Game guns need great triggers. All guns need great triggers that are safe. The game trigger needs to be a

lighter than the combat trigger. Dan's trigger is first safe. Lighter than the factory with a shorter reset and very grisp. Its not mushy like a Glock trigger job.

In my opion shooting pistols is all about trigger control. All of us can align the sights. That's simple.

It's that squeeze, press crap that makes bullets go in places other than aimed. Where ever the bullet hole gose Im sure the sights are alligned at the point just prior to the shot breaking, and if is not where you wanted it then your little trigger finger moved it to where it went. Any thing I can do to stop that from happening is worth it to me.

For the cost of a few boxes of ammo (with more misses) it's worht the dollars spent to hit what you aim at more often.

After its done and paid for you will not regret it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
akr said:
WOW!! I don't want to have sex with it, but I would like to give it a big ole smooch.

+1! :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts