MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our area the law was just amended where we can now carry in car and concealed... but its starting to seem thats the only place you can carry... all the local shops and business are posting no carry signs.... starting to make the CCW in Ohio a pain in the @$$....

How are your areas on restrictions and places to carry?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Western Pennsylvania is Great

I haven't encountered any no carry signs at stores or restaurants. One exception is a couple of movie theaters cause a couple of gangbangers got in to a shootout at a surburban shopping mall theater. I think it's because we've had CCW for a long time and no one gives it a thought. Hopefully the stupid young whack jobs around here don't screw it up. Just tonight they started shooting at each other at a playground and a baby got wounded. Of course they are the idiots who wouldn't obey any restrictions anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PPCmaster said:
In our area the law was just amended where we can now carry in car and concealed... but its starting to seem thats the only place you can carry... all the local shops and business are posting no carry signs.... starting to make the CCW in Ohio a pain in the @$$....

How are your areas on restrictions and places to carry?

I've never seen a sign in CT. We're supposed to carry concealed anyway so how would anyone know?

·
Registered
167 Posts
hks rule said:
We're supposed to carry concealed anyway so how would anyone know?

Whether any one knows or not is irrelevant. It's still illegal in VA to carry on private property (malls, stores, etc) where there is a posted sign prohibiting concealed weapons/handguns.

Food for thought.

To answer the question: VA isn't currently seeing a significant increase in prohibitions (thankfully.)

-B

·
Registered
348 Posts
what, me carry?

2 things...concealed is concealed. judged by 12 or carried by 6.

i DO NOT advocate breaking the law, but this is a strange world we live in.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
rjhauser said:
what, me carry?

100% agree. I carry concealed.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Jester said:
[quote name='rjhauser']what, me carry?

100% agree. I carry concealed.[/quote]

I am with you brother...

·
Registered
910 Posts
rjhauser said:
what, me carry?

No doubt about it. I carry concealed wherever I go - no matter what.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Strange how no other areas seem to be having trouble... but then again here in Ohio the ccw law was practically forced into the books... i guess it will take some time for the society here to get used to the idea of people having the privilege to arm themselves like this

·
Registered
348 Posts
please do not mistake this for my area not hacing problems allowing concealed carry.

but concealed IS concealed. And if no one knows, how do you get in trouble.

We all KNOW BG's do not break the law....and their guns were all purchased legally....and they follow those signs....

·
Registered
512 Posts
The only place I have run into it here in Florida is all of the Waffle House's have yellow stickers on the door that ban concealed weapons; but again, as it has been said if it is well concealed...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rjhauser said:
please do not mistake this for my area not hacing problems allowing concealed carry.

but concealed IS concealed. And if no one knows, how do you get in trouble.

We all KNOW BG's do not break the law....and their guns were all purchased legally....and they follow those signs....

Its not a matter of if no one knows... its what happens when someone finds out... whether people know or not its still breaking the law... you just seem to be saying that its ok to do what you want illegal or not unless you get caught :? ... i would lose my CCW privilege for carrying into a UDF.. no thanks.. ill just obied what my law says..

·
Registered
348 Posts
we all do what we feel we need to do.

in the words of ted Nugent, the second amendment IS MY ccw.

And unless people are running their mouth, how are they really going to find out. And if they do, it was not concealed enough.

on this, i do not think we are going to agree, so now I must leave it be...

thanks for the fun, but i ain't gonna be a victim AGAIN.

Not for anyone anywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting quirk in Utah Law

Utah has the provision for private property owners to be able to post their property as "No Weapons Allowed." The quirk is that the sign doesn't mean it's illegal to carry there, it just gives the owner, or his/her representative, the right to confront you to tell you to leave with your weapon. If you refuse, then you can be charged with trespassing. However, as many have mentioned, if you have it properly concealed it won't be a problem. Utah state does not have a law enforcing the "no weapons" policy so even if one were caught, it still isn't a crime. The state AG said it would probably become a court case if the issue ever comes up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Grass Roots North Carolina, our state's RKBA organization, started a vigorous campaign of encouraging people to contact owners of posted businesses and tell them that they wouldn't be patronizing those stores any more because they were posted against concealed carry. It helped get some of these business owners to upost their stores.

When I go to a store that's posted, I return to my car, store my gun, then go back inside and tell them I was coming in to shop but changed my mind when I saw that they didn't want my business because I had a permit to carry.

Cheers,

Whisper

·
Registered
165 Posts
One of the only nice things here in California, is our CCW laws states that we can legally carry any place a sworn police officer can carry, so the signs at Wally-World don't mean anything to us other than they can ask you to leave, which falls under the rules of "Store reserves the right to serve"

Which then becomes a tresspassing issue but no weapons issue.

i think I read that Utah's law from someone responding to this thread also.

P.S. ( unless the CCW has restrictions attached to the CCW)

My 2 cents

Ken

(gunpacker)

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'll look it up and get back to you on that, I don't to miss quote it,

But they teach it in our re-fresher course, Your CCW Lic. allows you

to carry any place a sworn peace officer can.

gunpacker

1 - 20 of 41 Posts