MP-Pistol Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Eddo36 said:
I've read it forward and backward before I dissambled my gun for the first time.

If the rear sight has a set screw,

No 1/16" allen mentioned anywhere. They problably just use that part of the manual for all their handguns instead of making a more specific and thorough manual solely for the M&P which quality matches the handgun it is covering.

The fact is that S&W told you there might be a set screw. They told you to look for it and to loosen it if it was there. Did you not understand what a set screw was? I ask because you said you were unclear of what a drift punch was as well so I'm not trying to be snarky. The manual then told you to tighten it after you use the drift punch.

Manuals are meant to describe something to an audience. They are intended to be understood by an audience with "X" vocabulary and experience. They are also intended to be used in a variety of circumstances (different versions of sights or safety mechanisms on a single model of firearm) to prevent having to print short runs of 50 different manuals instead of a long run of 1 or 2. If you are reading something in the manual you don't understand, then that should be your first clue that this might be above your ability and or experience and that seeking out someone with more ability and or experience BEFORE you start might be the best option. If you choose to ignore that implied warning, well, then you get what you deserve.

Call it a life lesson and move on. You aren't the victim here so Cowboy Up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.