MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9c for the cooler months but I think that I am going to pick up a airweight .38 for summer. Does anyone out there use one for the warmer months since they are so light & small? If so how do you like it? I really want the airlite but at $100 a ounce for 3 ounces less I just cant see the point unless the .357 Magnum hand cannon suites you. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a S&W 642 with the Crimson Trace laser grips. The gun is fun to shoot and a tack driver with the laser. I can see the dot in bright sunlight out to about 12 yards. It's my summer carry gun when wearing shorts....slips right into a front pocket. Many people bad mouth lasers, but after using it for three years I have found it to be a real asset.

·
Registered
573 Posts
rswaz....my grips are the LG-305's. The grips came on the gun when I bought it...with the S&W logo. I paid just a tad over $500.00 three years ago. I shoot it about once a week, always using the laser, and the batteries are still good after a year...but I change them just to be on the safe side. The main feature I like is that you can hit the target without sighting down the barrel, shoot on the run, hit moving targets, etc. I will be the first in line to put them on my M&P9 when they become available. The bullet goes where the red dot glows..............

http://forums.crimsontrace.com/index.php

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have both the S&W 442 and the S&W 340 PD Aitlite. I always have the 340PD on me loaded with Winchester 145 grain .357 magnum Silvertip ammo. The 340 PD is 3 ounces lighter than the 442 and having carried them both, the three ounce difference is conciderable. At the end of a sixteen hour day you actually forget your wearing a weapon. I also much prefer the ballistics of the .357 ammo compared to .38 special +P, even in a snub revolver. I've been carrying this combination for 2 1/2 years with NO regreats. When the .357 sig M&P compacts start delivering, I will probably be carrying one of those.

Dennis

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
40SX said:
...I also much prefer the ballistics of the .357 ammo compared to .38 special +P, even in a snub revolver...

What is the difference in terminal ballistics out of a 2" barrel???

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love my 642

After many, MANY trial and error carry guns, I settled with my 642 Airweight. I don't have different summer-winter guns. I just carry my little 38, either in my pocket or IWB, loaded with Gold Dot 135gr +P and a speed strip of the same ammo in my left front pocket. That should buy me enough time to make it to my M&P 40. :wink:

Get it! You won't regret it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts