MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud new owner of a M&P 40. I like it so well that I'm thinking about trading in my SA 1911 on another M&P. Just so I can have one for each hand.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congrats on the M&P40... but man, you're crazy if you get rid of the 1911.

What model SA is it? If its just a basic model with nothing special done to it, then I can understand.

But I say keep the 1911 too. Everyone should have a 1911 in their collection. :wink:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a G.I stainless with walnut grips. Its a bit more trouble to take apart than the M&P and Glocks. I hate cleaning a gun so with it being a pain, I just don't shoot it. So its sort of like money thats just sitting there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Man i think that i would also keep the 1911 if i was you. I am a MP fan to but i do not think that i would get rid of something for something that i have already. But is you went to a different cal. or different size that would be a different story. GOOD LUCKY ON THE CHOICE

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have two M&Ps but no way am I getting rid of my two 1911s, and I really want a third. The biggest dealer in the area has PC1911s on sale but it's outside my budget for at least 6 months.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, save that 1911. They are a totally different type pistol with lots of aftermarket whistles and bells. If you want a 45 M&P just save the bucks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
$102.98

You may get enough out of a 1911 in good shape to take a big bite out of the cost of an M&P. If it were me, I'd spend some quality time learning how to field strip an reassemble the 1911. Like most things, it isn't hard after a little practice. I happen to like 1911's. If I had a choice between keeping only my 1911 or my M&P, as much as I like the M&P, the M&P would be history.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may just keep the 1911. Afterall, the reason I bought it was the history behind it and it eas what my grandfather carried in WWII. Thanks for the support.

BTW. the $102.00 offer was hard to turn down :wink:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Think that you made the right choice!!! Just put a little money back here and there and save up for another MP if that is what you want. I went throught that trading thing and you will loose your butt on it so i have learned to just pace myself and save up for what i want. There is always going to be something out there that you will want to try like me and when you get it you will regreat it so never trade unless you just hate the gun you are wanting to trade and save for the one you want.

·
Registered
172 Posts
ccap74 said:
I may just keep the 1911. Afterall, the reason I bought it was the history behind it and it eas what my grandfather carried in WWII. Thanks for the support.

BTW. the $102.00 offer was hard to turn down :wink:

Slick is really moving the price up.

All seriousness aside, no way would I get rid of something with family history value. I have my Dad's M&P (.38 special revolver) that's at least 80 years old. The nickel plating is a bit rough and it's market value isn't that much, but it would be the last firearm I'd sell. The family history value outweighs looks and the fact that it still shoots like a dream.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congrats on the M&P, but like the others have said...keep the 1911.

But hey who am I to decide for you, so with that said, I'll buy it from you $125 shipped...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
There is just something special about a finely tuned 1911. Kind of like driving a perfectly restored 1968 L88 Corvette. Both guarantied to put a huge smile on your face!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well, I think the vote is unanimous, keep the 1911, you'll be glad you did.

There's nothing worse than gun seller's remorse. I've been there. And once you sell it, its gone.

Good luck getting it back.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts