MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C&R (Curio & Relic) License. Well I have the paperwork filled out and I get printed this afternoon. They didn't give me a clue if one of two finger print cards goes to the sheriff or if both go to the ATF. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Can't help you, but maybe you can shed some light on the C&R for me. What can/can't you do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't recall having to get fingerprinted to get my license. All I had to do was write a letter to my local LEO saying that I was applying and giving them an opportunity to object, which they did not. That being said, I live in Kentucky and I see that you live in California. Maybe the laws in Cali require fingerprinting. If that's the case, then the sheriff would get both cards. If the sheriff does not want to keep both of them then take one home and keep it just in case. If the feds need it they'll notify you.

The C&R license allows you to purchase through interstate commerce (mail order primarily) firearms that qualify as curios and relics. See the list here:

www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm

If you like old military firearms, then this is for you. It's a lot of fun.

Neil

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wondering if they stuck them in by mistake. I called two ATF offices and they were as bewildered as I was. Anyway the application is in the mail. I find it amusing because the girl (in deer antlers) at the local pack and ship/post office is very anti gun and is just aghast when I wear a S&W T-shirt. She has to be polite and low key but it really stuck in her craw mailing something to the ATF.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I didn't get fingerprinted a year ago either. Must be a mistake on the part of whoever sent you the application.

As for what a C&R will do, I've found mine most useful for dealer discounts at the aftermarket online shops, including Midway, Brownels, etc. I've saved a lot of money both for myself and others. Very, very worth getting one. Haven't had the joy of having the brown truck deliver a firearm to my door yet, but will do that sooner or later as well.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
When you get the license, make sure you DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINAL! Keep it and make copies from it to send to the various companies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts