MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent S&W a letter two weeks ago about converting a 40c from a no-mag-disconnect to a mag-disconnect gun--I want the mag-disconnect.

Yesterday I called them and they said that it's up in the air as to whether they will convert no-mag-disconnect guns to mag-disconnect guns.

Somthing about if they convert then the product number for that serial number will no match??

·
Registered
141 Posts
itr674 said:
I sent S&W a letter two weeks ago about converting a 40c from a no-mag-disconnect to a mag-disconnect gun--I want the mag-disconnect.

Yesterday I called them and they said that it's up in the air as to whether they will convert no-mag-disconnect guns to mag-disconnect guns.

Somthing about if they convert then the product number for that serial number will no match??

You can get a new sear house from Brownells for around $25.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IAShooter--yea I could do it myself but I want to make sure I don't do anything to impact the warranty.

If they can do this I'lllbe buying the 45c when it comes out, and probably the 9c also...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't hold your breath on the 45c...

I'd try calling and talk to someone else. That has worked for me many times for many different things.

Usually they will honor the warantee as long as you haven't boogered up something that is directly causing a malfunction. IE You do a trigger job and the mag disconnect breaks, they will probably fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts