MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. Just got back from Camp Jeep 2007 yesterday.. What a nice trip to Virgina.. Meet a lot of Jeep owners and had a blast romping around in some mud..
I took my 40c with me.. My wife thought I was crazy for carrying it until we got lost in Lynchburg and ended up on Martin Luther King Blvd... Talk about a very scary place.. When we got back to the hotel, my wife was like "I am so glad you were packing."
Got to love a wife that says that to you..

Don't know if there are any Jeep people on here.. But it was great and very family oriented.. I did notice the Nelson County Sheriffs Dept carry Glocks.. Not sure of the model.. I could tell by the grip and sights that they were Glocks..

Ben

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I saw a few Jeeps loaded down and heading out of town last Thursday (or Friday) with their Camp Jeep flags flying. I assumed that's where they were going.

I would really love to get a Jeep one of these days.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dakotaman said:
Been wanting to do one for awhile. Still can't convince the wife. She's afraid of hurting her baby(her jeep that is).

Well.. It is for all Jeeps.. You don't have to do any trail runs.. And if you do, go with a scenic run.. I did a scenic run and it was pretty fun and no rock crawling at all.. Just 2 mild mud holes.. Stock Jeep Libertys were doing them..

TexanAviator said:
< 06' Rubicon

As for me, I was driving my 07 4 door wrangler Rubicon..

Ben

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good times - they closed down the camp for a couple of hours due to a t-storm concern. Got to tailgate with some great folks from Ohio and Tennessee. I know one of the Mopar guys pretty well, we have similar J-200 Gladiator truck projects, and he gave me some insight into the Daimler Chrysler deal. It seems that most of the vaunted German engineering expertise that was to be shared with the Jeep folks never materialized. Old grudges concerning German military reverses made cooperation essentially nonexistant. Jeep was simply left to wither on the vine. Now that Chrysler is now owned (majority) by Cerberus, my friend says prospects are much brighter. They also can't make 4 door Wranglers fast enough; and now they have a truck...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I loved that JT.. Well, that is what was on the side of it.. If it does go into production, I might end up trading my Liberty in on it..
My wife loved it also.. Jeep hasn't had a truck since the Comanche back in the early 90's...

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts