MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. Glocks can fire while submerged, right? I don't know too much about it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Glock 17s with the marine pin cups can fire underwater; I understand Glock does not recommend firing other models underwater although I have heard reports of it being done. Don't have any idea about the M&P.

Cheers,

Whisper

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why?

If you fill the barrel with water, so there is no air, it will probably fire, but the bullet may travel ten or twelve feet through water at most. The case may not eject. This is true of any normal semi-automatic pistol.

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
most guns will fire underwater. Its not a Glock thing.

·
Site Staff
9,612 Posts
But can you bump fire one underwater?

Ok, maybe the only ones who will get that joke are ar15.com members! 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
"Lets see you do this with an M&P."

I don't plan on having to shoot someone underwater, but if you want to run away like a coward and hide in the creek so people don't shoot back, that's fine with me.

The problem with a cheapshot is that you look like a moron.

BTW, anyone try this with an M&P?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Okay, I need a picture of a Glock Maritime firing pin cup. I checked Brownells and they didn't have that by name. THe only cup I found was for the striker spring.

Glockmeister.com...I'm interested now. I now know that the striker spring cups are what I'm looking for. I just wasn't thinking right.

·
Registered
188 Posts
finalfusion said:
That guy looks like a real winner. I really enjoy watching idiots try and look cool......lmao

[quote name='MTech']somebody posted this on a diff. forum and it reminded me of this thread.... and the guy rips on M&P's at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYGCxgcJIf4
[/quote]

Exactly. What a doofus. And I was trying to figure out what in the world the guy was doing behind the trash can prior to shooting.

BTW, this dude is obsessed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvr0KeLaK8...ted&search=

·
Registered
937 Posts
I can't find the marine firing pin cups. Given a bit of thought, I'm going to supress my urge not to be outdone and call my suddenly formed quest to a halt here. I was wondering if the cups would fit the M&P, even with a bit of mod work, and then we'd see if the M&P would do it. But I can be a bit more grown up about it and avoid the risks involved. I like my gun too much to beat it up intentionally.

·
Registered
312 Posts
http://www.glock.com/english/options_springcups.htm

The maritime spring cups aren't really That special, they just have quater-moon cutouts around the periphery ( aka: notches) so that the water can flow past more easily and not retard movement of the spring / striker.

NOTE: Glock, Inc., specifically disclaims any and all liability from anyone performing or attempting to perform underwater firing with a Glock pistol -- you do so at your own risk. -- per TopGlock and AllGlock FAQ 's

As far as I know....any pistol should be able to fire full-metal-jacketed, subsonic 9mm, sealed ammunition, .. at least once. The spring cups are only to enhance the reliability of the primer hits.

·
Registered
937 Posts
He was hiding the gun from plain sight so he wouldn't get the cops called on him by neighbors.

·
Registered
188 Posts
FieroCDSP said:
He was hiding the gun from plain sight so he wouldn't get the cops called on him by neighbors.

Well, I kinda get that, but he keeps moving his arms in rapid movement behind the can. Just appeared strange- maybe he's scratching his legs or something. If he's THAT afraid of someone seeing his gun, does he really think no one will notice rapid firing into a trash can?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Like stated earlier what an idiot.................

Mad Max said:
[quote name='FieroCDSP']He was hiding the gun from plain sight so he wouldn't get the cops called on him by neighbors.

Well, I kinda get that, but he keeps moving his arms in rapid movement behind the can. Just appeared strange- maybe he's scratching his legs or something. If he's THAT afraid of someone seeing his gun, does he really think no one will notice rapid firing into a trash can?
[/quote]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts