MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished my required course here in KY last week. I scored a perfect 100% on the shooting, and a perfect 100% on the written exam. Now, it's time to wait.

I know I shouldn't have anything to worry about on my background check....except I've got probably 5 or so speeding tickets on my driving record. Do those effect ones ability to get the permit?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Texas - no

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope not. Insurance rates are punishment enough for my lead-foot. To deny me my right to carry would just be "totally unfair." :roll:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
High_Speed said:
I hope not. Insurance rates are punishment enough for my lead-foot. To deny me my right to carry would just be "totally unfair." :roll:

Texas only looks at felonies and misdemeanors that are drug/alcohol related. So, mostly non-moving violations.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I would suspect that the answer is no most places. Probably only because to insist they were real criminal charges rather than simple fines would then require you to be entitled to a trial by jury rather than just time in front of a judge.

Which would pretty much put an end to that revenue stream.

That isn't to say that you can't get moving violation that qualify as felonies in some states, and I'm sure those count, but they also generate more of a legal mess than your average ticket.

·
Registered
514 Posts
PR1 said:
Speeding tickets are not felonies so I would say no problem to NV.
(Figured I should post this before some questions it)

NV - NRS 202.3657 Application for permit; eligibility; denial or revocation of permit.

3. The sheriff shall deny an application or revoke a permit if he determines that the applicant or permittee:

(a) Has an outstanding warrant for his arrest.

(b) Has been judicially declared incompetent or insane.

© Has been voluntarily or involuntarily admitted to a mental health facility during the immediately preceding 5 years.

(d) Has habitually used intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance to the extent that his normal faculties are impaired. For the purposes of this paragraph, it is presumed that a person has so used intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance if, during the immediately preceding 5 years, he has been:

(1) Convicted of violating the provisions of NRS 484.379; or

(2) Committed for treatment pursuant to NRS 458.290 to 458.350, inclusive.

(e) Has been convicted of a crime involving the use or threatened use of force or violence punishable as a misdemeanor under the laws of this or any other state, or a territory or possession of the United States at any time during the immediately preceding 3 years.

(f) Has been convicted of a felony in this State or under the laws of any state, territory or possession of the United States.

(g) Has been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence or stalking, or is currently subject to a restraining order, injunction or other order for protection against domestic violence.

(h) Is currently on parole or probation from a conviction obtained in this State or in any other state or territory or possession of the United States.

(i) Has, within the immediately preceding 5 years, been subject to any requirements imposed by a court of this State or of any other state or territory or possession of the United States, as a condition to the court’s:

(1) Withholding of the entry of judgment for his conviction of a felony; or

(2) Suspension of his sentence for the conviction of a felony.

(j) Has made a false statement on any application for a permit or for the renewal of a permit.

4. The sheriff may deny an application or revoke a permit if he receives a sworn affidavit stating articulable facts based upon personal knowledge from any natural person who is 18 years of age or older that the applicant or permittee has or may have committed an offense or engaged in any other activity specified in subsection 3 which would preclude the issuance of a permit to the applicant or require the revocation of a permit pursuant to this section.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not in Vermont. Anyone who is legally able to posses a gun over the age of 18 is able to CC. We don't have CCW licences up here. The only problem with that is according to my understanding we don't reciprocate to anyother state.

·
Registered
449 Posts
South Carolina (SLED)'s CCW application:

Traffic offenses are crimes and must be reported. A minor traffic violation record will not result in denial of your application. However, six (6) multiple traffic offenses within a five (5) year period will be considered a basis of denial

·
Registered
178 Posts
High_Speed said:
[quote name='mikenkansas']"High_Speed"

Speeding tickets..........

go figure

It's true. :roll:[/quote]

I got a lead foot too. Sucks, really... Hey, I got places to go, people to see, things to do. GET OUT OF MY WAY!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ruprex said:
[quote name='High_Speed'][quote name='mikenkansas']"High_Speed"

Speeding tickets..........

go figure

It's true. :roll:[/quote]

I got a lead foot too. Sucks, really... Hey, I got places to go, people to see, things to do. GET OUT OF MY WAY![/quote]

That's what I'm saying!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Southern California is a great place for those who are speed limit challenged. Generally if you go with the flow of traffic on the freeway, which is usually 10 to 20 MPH faster than the speed limit, you won't be bothered. Even on surface streets the local PDs don't seen too bothered to set up speed traps.

·
Registered
178 Posts
choochboost said:
Southern California is a great place for those who are speed limit challenged. Generally if you go with the flow of traffic on the freeway, which is usually 10 to 20 MPH faster than the speed limit, you won't be bothered. Even on surface streets the local PDs don't seen too bothered to set up speed traps.

Lived in SoCal for 30 years. I tell ya what, they sure don't take kindy to 100 across the grapevine!

...way back in the day...now it 9 miles over...all the time ;-)

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Ruprex said:
Lived in SoCal for 30 years. I tell ya what, they sure don't take kindy to 100 across the grapevine!
Agreed - that's too far north. :wink: John and Panch are sitting there catching those leaving town and coming into town.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts