MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten a few M&P pistols over the past couple of years, in my endeavor to learn about them and work with them. I'm wanting to buy a couple of the M&P .22LR versions for simple training use. The problem is, that all of the ones I see on the market, currently, all have the thumb safety on them and all of my full M&P's don't. For the sake of keeping everything functionally the same, I'd like to remove and plug the hole, where they thumb safety was.

Is that possible?

My wife just bought an M&P9 Compact and she's wanting a .22 for range play and training to help cut down the cost of training and help her with fundamentals training.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you do remove the safety, don't carry it for self defense. A prosecutor would have a field-day in that case.
Why on Earth would I ever want to carry a .22 for self defense when I have multiple 9mm, .45ACP, and .357/.38's to carry instead? The only reason I want to be able to remove the Thumb safety on the .22 is to make it functionally compatible with the same pistol in a lager caliber. The larger caliber pistols come from the factory without them, which would show that they are no less reliable, from a legal definition, than their counterparts.

But, no. I do not modify any of my firearms I ever consider carrying, except for possibilities of sights or other external improvements that help me to operate it better. Never anything internal that deals with the functionality and operation of the firearm. I don't want, or need a smooth, 1.5lb or 3lb trigger on a SD firearm. When firing under stress, you aren't going to tell the difference between them and a 7lb factory trigger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts