MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
252 Posts
I simply keep the safety of my M&P .22 compacts (both of them) on the OFF position when on the range. Saves a lot of time and frustration and the possibility of messing up a very nice shooter!

· Registered
252 Posts
Whether the information provided is about striker fired poly pistols, 1911s, or whatever; when incorrect information is presented to the internet “world;” it should be factually corrected.
You are correct and I didn't realize that you had replied to an earlier off topic post. Sorry.

Reactions: Rick M

· Registered
252 Posts
Well, I finally bought an M&P22 and picked it up yesterday. It is definitely a different pistol design internally. Hate to admit it, but, I actually had to READ THE DIRECTIONS in order to take the slide off........
I kinda like it. It's a fixed barrel design, not terribly different than my wife's PPK/s design from the 1920's.

It took me a while to get one because I didn't really care about one with the threaded barrel and such. I just wanted a basic .22 M&P that was as similar to the wife's M&P9 compact so that we could shoot a little more economically. After going to a Appleseed Pistol event (Pistolseed) and using our M&P9's for 2 days, we went through ALOT!!!!! of 9mm over 2 days and reclaiming the brass just really wasn't that much of an option due to time constraints and training tempo.
Congratulations for finding and buying a gun that is reliable, mostly not ammo picky and tons of FUN! Three of us women shoot together each week and we start our serious SD drills with our regular guns, but then switch to our S&W .22 compacts for further drills that take more ammo, and for just plain FUN! We take empty gallon plastic jugs and hang them with twine between the standing targets and shoot the heck out of them and watch them bounce - when you hit them just right! Last week I took a couple aluminum round containers that some restaurants use for carry out orders and those were even more fun. We continue to move and shoot for the fun stuff.

Even when the weather is bad and we have to go to the indoor range, we still spend significant time (ammo) with those .22 compacts. And, since we all have the same guns, we color code the bottoms or back of our guns and the magazines with dots of finger nail polish. I'm yellow, R. is green and L. is sparkly pink.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts