MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been deer hunting in my life and look forward to my first year coming up..

When I look out the window and 20 feet away is this man I wish We didnt have so close of neighbors we are outside city limts but close neighbors.. Man imagine that venison and deer steaks mmmmmmm

·
Registered
660 Posts
I usually have four or five in my back yard every morning. Too bad that I have neighbors 25 feet away. I totally understand your fustration. Maybe....a crossbow
. Always looking to buy a new toy!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fire1 said:
I usually have four or five in my back yard every morning. Too bad that I have neighbors 25 feet away. I totally understand your fustration. Maybe....a crossbow
. Always looking to buy a new toy!

about once a week for us and I am sure me not mowing my yard :oops: helps the deer but hurts me :wink:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I miss those deer hunts growing up in Pennsylvania. 3 am on a cold snowy opening day in the Pocono's. I had 3 pairs of socks on, several shirts and a jacket, and being 6 years old, no gun. I would sit dead still at the stand my father left me on as it became light, and froze for hours until my father would arrive later in the day to get me. The deer would walk right in front of me, not knowing I was there. I did that for years until I could take the hunters safety course, and get a jr. license. Then my father let me carry an old 30-40 krag, with one bullet in my pocket, Barney Fife style. We need to pass these things on to our children at every opportunity.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a real great memory those are the ones to hold on to

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have had 20 turkeys in my back yard and one in a while some deer. Most were culled over a year ago because they caused to many accidents.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Nothing better than Venison brother.....grrrrrr Homer drool dripping all over
Well maybe some Lobster tail on the side and then its greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

You will have my addy, so when you get your first Kill send some of that Deer Jerkey my way brother....lmao

101Combat Vet said:
I have never been deer hunting in my life and look forward to my first year coming up..

When I look out the window and 20 feet away is this man I wish We didnt have so close of neighbors we are outside city limts but close neighbors.. Man imagine that venison and deer steaks mmmmmmm

·
Registered
372 Posts
A good friend of mine has deer in his back 40 every day. Opening day, he spins around in his comfy chair, grabs the rifle from next to the sliding door, slides the door open with his foot, and shoots himself some dinner... all in his jammies and listening to the morning news.

Some times you don't need to look to hunt.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
405 Posts
101Combat Vet said:

time to buy a suppressor?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Good pic Jason! I'll have to post pictures of my parents back yard if I can find some. Their property backs up to a lagoon, and is surrounded by a national wildlife preservation. See deer almost every morning, with a whole other wide array of animals. Too bad they're all protected.

·
Registered
191 Posts
MTech said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']I have never been deer hunting in my life and look forward to my first year coming up..

time to buy a suppressor?

[/quote]

Or a Bow and some good arrows! :wink:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ah the memories !

J Beard said:
I miss those deer hunts growing up in Pennsylvania. 3 am on a cold snowy opening day in the Pocono's. I had 3 pairs of socks on, several shirts and a jacket, and being 6 years old, no gun. I would sit dead still at the stand my father left me on as it became light, and froze for hours until my father would arrive later in the day to get me. The deer would walk right in front of me, not knowing I was there. I did that for years until I could take the hunters safety course, and get a jr. license. Then my father let me carry an old 30-40 krag, with one bullet in my pocket, Barney Fife style. We need to pass these things on to our children at every opportunity.

May Dad didn't take me till i was 8, but after that i always went, hunted in Canadensis in the Pocono's from the time i was 12 till I left for the service and then again after i came home for a couple of years, till they sold the darn property.. Never came home without deer.. loved to hunt up there.. Where did you hunt up there? stinks but my best deer stand i ever had is now in some guys back yard..
We started hunting down in Lehigh county after that on about 300 acres of Farms we had permission on.. now THAT was great hunting..

Jeff.

PS: I had 4 in the back yard the other night when i let the dog out..

·
Registered
14 Posts
News

Speaking of deer, I heard on the news today our one county in northern Virginia now has a larger deer population than all of Washington DC metro area had 100 years ago. Apparently, the number of hunters has decreased, and the deer have acclimated to suburban living. You used to be able to go to open air markets all over town and buy venison!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts