MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
choochboost said:
I want to buy a roll pin punch. I can order online but would pay as much or more for shipping. I can't find one at Ace Hardware or Home Depot, so in what kind of store should I look?
Try an Industrial Supply House like Granger, McMaster & Carr or similar. Also, try to stop the next Snap-On truck you see and ask the driver. Finally, have you tried Sears Hardware? They have a larger selection of specialty tools than most home supply or general hardware stores.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
This is a copy of the roll pin punches for assembling an AR15 lower receiver, roll pin punches qualify for their small item shipping so the cost is reasonable.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...OLL+PIN+PUNCHES

3/32 is #3 Roll pin punch (for bolt release pin)

item #230-100-003

#3 Roll Pin Punch $4.05

1/8 is #4 Roll pin punch (for trigger guard pin)

item #230-100-004

#4 Roll Pin Punch $4.15

Small item shipping $3.95

total delivered $12.15

Prices current as of 8/11/2006

I ordered a spring kit from Brownells just a couple of months ago, they still have their small item shipping! If you order small light items like a couple of roll pin punches, when you are running the order through it will show up on the shipping options, if it doesn't show up that means the item is too big or heavy for the small item shipping.

Here's the current info:

Q: Does Brownells have a small package rate?

A: Yes we do. Orders weighing less than 13 ounces packed can be shipped USPS, first class for just $4.25. This service is offered for small item orders only. If you have any questions concerning the size of the product you are interested in please feel free to email our Customer Service Department.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Actually it is less now, $3.33 for USPS, or was that the Sportsman Guide, hummmmm...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Choochboost,

I got Grainger to sell to me by telling them that I was a part of the local Home Builders Assoc. If you don't want to do that then Sears will deliver reasonably via Sears.com. Good luck!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts