MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have a seat holster for in your car or truck? I have only found one made by Kingston, but thought surely there is more then one style of these. Couldn't find anything else doing a quick search. Does anyone know of any other brand, not that I found anything wrong with the Kingston, but always like to shop around ya know.

I was going to just buy a nylon belt and just hook my holster too it, but it's such a pain to get the strong belt clip back onto the back of my pants or over my belt. I think it would be easier just to have one of these, that way I can leave my holster in the back of my pants in place, then when I exit the vehicle just transfer from holster on my seat too the one in my back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay fellas...a update. After checking all the local shops and tactical shops no one had seen these or heard of them...thought that was rather strange.

The above posted link is the Kinston that I was talking about. I decided that it was a bit expensive for what it was so I did my own setup basically I copied what they did. I went to a local Army/Navy surpluss. They had some black utility belts so I picked on up for $8 bucks. Went to my local gun shop where I bought my 9C and picked up a 2nd holster that has the extra clip holder and then clipped it to the belt...botta boom botta bang I have a seat holster now. The holster was $19.99.

I can put the holster with the barrel facing sideways or straight down. I didn't like the one that goes beside your seat either. The side of my seat is to close to the door framing to get to it easy. Sure makes it easier because now I can leave my CC holster in the back of my pants and just pull my pistol out as I enter the car and place it in the seat holster. Shoot getting my CC holster hooked on the my jeans is a pain as it is with the clip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wilderness Products

Go to " http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?c...68555f19b4199bb " to view the Wilderness Products Safepacker holster. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view how it can be use in a car seat. I have one that fits my .45 1911 and it is extemely versatile and useful. My full size M&P also fits in it. You can order sizes that will fit almost any handgun. (I am in no way associated with Wilderness Products other than being a very satisfied customer.
)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Buy an inexpensive Fobus Paddle holster and drill a couple hole though the paddle. Attach it under the instrument panel, door, side of center console, etc, using screws.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good eye fellas, that indeed is my Mazda3 seat. I do like the mounted holster, but I really don't want to drill and holes in the interior of my car. If I kept cars then I would probably go that route, but I drive about 35k-40k miles a year so cars stick around for about 2 years tops. I normally slide the seat holster down lower in front of the seat when I'm not in the car with my gun, that way it's out of site. Once I get in my seat, I slide it up so that it sits flat on top of the seat right between my knees. I'm a lefty too, but if someone was to get up to the side of my door without me noticing and opened my door I wouldn't have access to my gun. Being a lefty if someone did open my door I'd have to shoot with my right hand in order to keep the gun away from a BG so I do have the butt of the gun so that I would draw it with my right hand. Maybe one of these days if I found a car that I really really liked and decided to drive it until the wheels fell off then for sure that mounted holster would be the way I'd go. Maybe tomorrow I will have a look see at the under dash area of the 3 and see if I could disguise a couple of holes.
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah I've got an '05 Titanium Grey Hatchback. 8)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Slick26 said:
Yeah I've got an '05 Titanium Grey Hatchback. 8)

No kiddin!!! Mine is a 04 Titanium Gray Hatchback. Have you had any issues yet? I just replaced my engine mount two weeks ago. First time I've ever had to replace a engine mount on any car ever owned. It was a catostrophic failure. After looking at the new one, it was a terrible design. I know the 07 Speed3 has a recall on the engine mount. I had the Plastic Intake Manifold replaced due to a ticking flapper valve inside that can't be replaced without replacing the Manifold. Needless to say it will be my last Mazda because of this engine mount issue. The car only has 68k miles on it and I've owned it since it had 34k on it. I put those miles on it in a years time, course our warranties run out at 50k. I told them that I thought the engine mount was bad. They charged me to tell me what I already told them was the problem, and then wanted to charge me $280 dollars to replace it. I asked if they had them in stock, he said yes, I said great I'll be there to pick one up and I'll replace it myself. Took me a whole 40mins from start to finish including a test drive.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Most auto body shops sell plugs that look kind of like small round dots in many sizes and colors. You could use them to plug a few holes you drilled inside your car. I used them to plug the holes where my front license plate holder used to be and used silver touch-up paint to match my car and you don't even notice them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ebar5 said:
Most auto body shops sell plugs that look kind of like small round dots in many sizes and colors. You could use them to plug a few holes you drilled inside your car. I used them to plug the holes where my front license plate holder used to be and used silver touch-up paint to match my car and you don't even notice them.

Good idea...I'm going to look at my options for a prime mounting location. I don't like the door idea, my right knee rests against the center console, so it would either have to be under the steering wheel, or on the passenger side of the center console.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts