1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I am pleased the guy is ok but where did those 12 rounds end up at. It sounds like they were all misses. I am not certain what I would have done but like to think I would have waited till he was outside the door where I could make certain of my shots. The angle of that glass had to mess up accuracy.

:twisted:

·
Registered
167 Posts
What if waiting is what got you killed? You cannot speculate on what the bad guy would have done. Maybe he didn't want to car jack the guy, what if it was just a gang initiation killing. So while your waiting for a clear shot; thug puts 7 rounds through the windshield and you.

When faced with a life or death situation your last thoughts are gonna be for little billy down the street.

I am only sorry he didn't hit the thug and that he was forced to destroy his own windshield.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
if you guys hit page three, there is a video of a armed robbery that went bad. Suspect with shotgun shot both clerks at close range because he could not get the cash, the female then shot a guy laying on his stomach in the back, went to shoot him in the head while running out, but ran out of ammo!!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
any word if this guy got his gun back yet? I am still a bit confused on self defense, an ex cop told me you have your gun taken away until they satisfy the case. My concern is after a situation like this you will need to keep your weapon just in case of retaliation. What is standard procedure on a case like this?

What are you supposed to do after an situation like this? I've seen the local news and see the store owner that shot and killed a robbery still have his gun, is there an stipulation to this?

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
mad212 said:
any word if this guy got his gun back yet? I am still a bit confused on self defense, an ex cop told me you have your gun taken away until they satisfy the case. My concern is after a situation like this you will need to keep your weapon just in case of retaliation. What is standard procedure on a case like this?

What are you supposed to do after an situation like this? I've seen the local news and see the store owner that shot and killed a robbery still have his gun, is there an stipulation to this?
Taking the weapon as possible evidence is quite common, that's one of the reasons why you need more than one!

Once the DA's office decides not to file charges, you should be able to get it back without any hassle, but if they do give you a bunch of double talk and excuses, get an attorney, a little reminder about the law from an attorney can go a long ways.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Looks like after 3 months he finally got his gun back sans ammo.

·
Registered
380 Posts
TOF said:
I am pleased the guy is ok but where did those 12 rounds end up at. It sounds like they were all misses. I am not certain what I would have done but like to think I would have waited till he was outside the door where I could make certain of my shots. The angle of that glass had to mess up accuracy.

:twisted:

i talked to the guy via instant message once... he was using that pow'r ball shizz.

every damn bullet probably expanded as it hit the windsheild.

they made it through, but probably not much farther, or even in a good direction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wonder what the results would be using CorBon DPX ammo which is supposed to be able to penetrate windshield glass and maintain full weight? Pow'r'Ball does not have the best penetration characteristics...

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts