MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I have not fired any yet, is the M&P strong enough to handle a Plus P load? For now I am using standard velocity HP's.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I dunno, but if it does I think a good +P load is the 124 grain Gold Dot. I don't carry my MP so

it just goes to the range with me and shoots FMJ.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i carry HORNADY TAP-FPD 200 grain .45

the other calibers are no joke either.

this is a plus p load... and has caused me no problems.

federal hydra-shok and HST... my original carry choices, damn near ruined my .40c, and they werent very pleasant feeling while shooting either.

check out the Hornady, seriously. they are NOT some new-fanlgled "super expansion" load... but they ALWAYS expand... and penetrate well. no failures in that department.

my "uncle in law" is a hog farmer... sometimes, when some pass away, for whatever reason... we test defense rounds in them. hornady never let me down.

federal was great, but it had too many failures to expand for my lking. when they did expand though... wow.

gold dot was pretty good as well.

i just personally like and feel comfortable with the TAP-FPD.

·
Registered
380 Posts
have you fired any of that? i never tried it, perhaps i should...

let us know what you think of it, if/once you have.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Maybe this thread should be moved from the 45 bunker to the ammo bunker.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
MI_Jester said:
[quote name='f-bomb']

federal hydra-shok and HST... my original carry choices, damn near ruined my .40c, and they werent very pleasant feeling while shooting either.

So what happened to your .40? I shoot HST in my 9.

MI_Jester[/quote]

I shoot the HSTs in my 40 with no problems. Test also so they are one of the best rounds out there today

1 - 18 of 18 Posts