MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had hip surgery over the winter and have been using a shoulder holster since then. With the weather warming up finally I’m at a loss as to what to do now. IWB at 4:30 is out of the question. I MAY be able to do appendix IWB and quite probably OWB in the appendix to 3 range. Or keep wearing my shoulder rig exposed over a t-shirt and look absurd!

Any insight from others with hip/back problems? I have a Shield, Compact, and FS as options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I don't have the same hip and back problems, but do sometimes want something more comfortable. You should consider either a pocket holster for your shield ( if it fits in your pockets), or possibly a belly band type holster. A belly band can be worn in multiple positions, and is independent of your belt. It will also spread the pressure out over a wider area.

I find myself using one when going on walks in running shorts where a traditional setup isn't possible.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've carried iwb with a comptac - mtac at 3:00 until I added a light to my gun since about Y2K, now I carry owb at the same 3:00 location in a HolsterCo holster.
When I started carrying in 1992 it was a 1911 carried at 6:00 or "SOB" which is now claimed to be really bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I don't have the same hip and back problems, but do sometimes want something more comfortable. You should consider either a pocket holster for your shield ( if it fits in your pockets), or possibly a belly band type holster. A belly band can be worn in multiple positions, and is independent of your belt. It will also spread the pressure out over a wider area.

I find myself using one when going on walks in running shorts where a traditional setup isn't possible.
In the past few weeks I’ve started wearing a back support brace right at about the belt line. Happy coincidence is that it definitely seems to help spread out the pressure of my Gun belt/holster a lot better. I can certainly see how a belly band would be a good option.

I’ve also experimented with the Shield in a Stow-n-Go in my front pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts