MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
nikon777 said:
Sorry my html not up to snuff. The guy was wasting ammo anyway.

That's not wasting ammo.

THIS is wasting ammo with an M&P:

http://www.localnumber69.com/temp/m_p_bump.avi

Before you crucify me, a buddy egged me on to bump fire the M&P, not believing it could be done. Well, it can....tho you'd be a damn fool to try it from the hip. I use an L shaped device (of my own invention) to secure the gun safely. Useful? Nope. Stupid? Probably. Fun tho.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, I'm actually impressed that the M&P can fire that fast and not jam. Very cool, thanks for posting that.

Swingset...ever think that your avatar potentially sends the wrong message about you?

"Jesus chriiiist-ah"

·
Registered
52 Posts
ClosetCaseNerd said:
Swingset...ever think that your avatar potentially sends the wrong message about you?

"Jesus chriiiist-ah"

Well, it might inadvertently scare a hot chick away, but the bright side is I might make interesting new friends with Mr. Slave for a mascot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool vid. Is OH a 10 rd state? I used to live on the East Side of Cleveland until 97 but I didn't think OH was for some reason...

·
Registered
269 Posts
swingset said:
[quote name='nikon777']Sorry my html not up to snuff. The guy was wasting ammo anyway.

That's not wasting ammo.

Before you crucify me, a buddy egged me on to bump fire the M&P, not believing it could be done. Well, it can....tho you'd be a damn fool to try it from the hip. I use an L shaped device (of my own invention) to secure the gun safely. Useful? Nope. Stupid? Probably. Fun tho.[/quote]

I've gotta bumpfire my AR on occasion

just have to make sure that I have a good and tall backstop!

·
Registered
52 Posts
CBRADGO said:
Cool vid. Is OH a 10 rd state? I used to live on the East Side of Cleveland until 97 but I didn't think OH was for some reason...

No, no capacity problems here really. Ohio only has a (completely unenforced) 31 round mag law. Any non-NFA gun other than .22 can only have a mag INSERTED in the gun that is 31 rounds or less. Any more than that, and it's considered an MG. Few LE I know even know such a law exists.

MachGT, one of the neat things about the little bump-fire device I made is it allows you to safely bump from the shoulder, and you can keep your rounds in the backstop as well as an MG does. I can keep 30 rounds of an AR all inside of an IPSC torso at 25 yards. I'm hard pressed to do that with a registered M16. From the hip, I'd be lucky to hit the torso.

Here's another vid I did with the prototype "bumper" shooting an AR in 3 and 5-round bursts at a target. It'll show you what I mean about being able to aim even bumped.

http://www.localnumber69.com/temp/Aimed_Shoulder_Fire.mpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bump firing = illegal machine pistol (?)

swingset said:
[quote name='nikon777']Sorry my html not up to snuff. The guy was wasting ammo anyway.

That's not wasting ammo.

Before you crucify me, a buddy egged me on to bump fire the M&P, not believing it could be done. Well, it can....tho you'd be a damn fool to try it from the hip. I use an L shaped device (of my own invention) to secure the gun safely. Useful? Nope. Stupid? Probably. Fun tho.[/quote]

If I were you, I would delete all available copies of that video, and be VERY careful about who you show it to. I would have thought I was nuts for saying that a few months ago, but that was before the ATF suddenly decided the Akins Accelerator was a "machine gun," and thus subject to NFA regulation. Linky: http://www.firefaster.com/

Synopsis: Akins Accelerator is a fixture that allows bump-firing of several kinds of semiauto rifles, very much like your invention. Originally, the BATFE said it was not an NFA item, but late last year, suddenly changed its mind. A man's company is ruined and his customers have been put in legal jeopardy, through no action on their part whatsoever, all thanks to BATFE's de facto legislative powers.

ATF also once declared a freakin' PIECE OF STRING to be a "machine gun" in need of NFA paperwork (which they won't do, since the registry is closed, go figure).

Linky: http://jpfo.org/cs55.htm

Nothing makes sense when it comes to what is/isn't a "machine gun." When the ATF can suddenly declare you a felon for bump-firing in a certain manner, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from kicking down your door on a similar basis.

Maybe you've obtained a letter from the ATF saying otherwise with respect to your bump-firing fixture. There is no room for logic or consistency in the world of NFA items, so it would not surprise me if that were the case. Is that so, or have you considered these issues? I do not know you and have not been around this board very long, so maybe I missed that.

Please understand, I am not trying to do your thinking for you, but I feel compelled to point these things out in case you hadn't thought about it before. Also, spreading knowledge about the ATF's machinations is a first step toward ending them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Bump firing = illegal machine pistol (?)

Objekt said:
If I were you, I would delete all available copies of that video, and be VERY careful about who you show it to. I would have thought I was nuts for saying that a few months ago, but that was before the ATF suddenly decided the Akins Accelerator was a "machine gun," and thus subject to NFA regulation. Linky: http://www.firefaster.com/

Synopsis: Akins Accelerator is a fixture that allows bump-firing of several kinds of semiauto rifles, very much like your invention. Originally, the BATFE said it was not an NFA item, but late last year, suddenly changed its mind. A man's company is ruined and his customers have been put in legal jeopardy, through no action on their part whatsoever, all thanks to BATFE's de facto legislative powers.

ATF also once declared a freakin' PIECE OF STRING to be a "machine gun" in need of NFA paperwork (which they won't do, since the registry is closed, go figure).

Linky: http://jpfo.org/cs55.htm

Nothing makes sense when it comes to what is/isn't a "machine gun." When the ATF can suddenly declare you a felon for bump-firing in a certain manner, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from kicking down your door on a similar basis.

Maybe you've obtained a letter from the ATF saying otherwise with respect to your bump-firing fixture. There is no room for logic or consistency in the world of NFA items, so it would not surprise me if that were the case. Is that so, or have you considered these issues? I do not know you and have not been around this board very long, so maybe I missed that.

Please understand, I am not trying to do your thinking for you, but I feel compelled to point these things out in case you hadn't thought about it before. Also, spreading knowledge about the ATF's machinations is a first step toward ending them.

I've been through this many times on other sites, so I'll give you the short answer. I know all about Akins, AWsim, hellfire and the shoestring stuff. I do alot of reading about the subject (which oddly is how I came up with the "bumper").

The piece of wood I am holding doesn't attach to the gun (requirement #1 of an illegal MG mod), and it doesn't produce more than 1 shot per pull of the trigger (requirement #2). It doesn't modify the weapon, or do anything but provide a rigid surface in which to shove the pistol into. A branch sticking out on a tree will accomplish the exact same result.

I'm not worried, as a: I have no plans on asking the ATF if it's ok and b: I'm not selling or advocating the use of said device. If the ATF informs me or anyone else that a stick is an MG, I'll destroy all sticks, everywhere, at once.

BTW, the reason the shoestring is illegal is it a: attaches to the weapon and b: allows one squeeze of the trigger to produce more than 1 shot. Just FYI.

·
Registered
30 Posts
swingset said:
[quote name='CBRADGO']Cool vid. Is OH a 10 rd state? I used to live on the East Side of Cleveland until 97 but I didn't think OH was for some reason...

No, no capacity problems here really. Ohio only has a (completely unenforced) 31 round mag law. Any non-NFA gun other than .22 can only have a mag INSERTED in the gun that is 31 rounds or less. Any more than that, and it's considered an MG. Few LE I know even know such a law exists.[/quote]

There are local city laws that limit mag capacity. Example is Cincinnati, they have a 15 round limit for semi-auto pistols. The M&P 9 wiht 17, would be over the limit. I no longer live in the city, but when I bought my M&P 40 I did and the 15 round capacity was for sure an influence.

·
Registered
52 Posts
iskiuskiweski said:
[quote name='swingset'][quote name='CBRADGO']Cool vid. Is OH a 10 rd state? I used to live on the East Side of Cleveland until 97 but I didn't think OH was for some reason...

No, no capacity problems here really. Ohio only has a (completely unenforced) 31 round mag law. Any non-NFA gun other than .22 can only have a mag INSERTED in the gun that is 31 rounds or less. Any more than that, and it's considered an MG. Few LE I know even know such a law exists.[/quote]

There are local city laws that limit mag capacity. Example is Cincinnati, they have a 15 round limit for semi-auto pistols. The M&P 9 wiht 17, would be over the limit. I no longer live in the city, but when I bought my M&P 40 I did and the 15 round capacity was for sure an influence.[/quote]

When HB347 goes into effect in March, it will nullify every single local ordinance that deals with firearms if it's more restrictive than state law....basically every city or local ordinance will be gone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
March cannot get here fast enough ....Ohio cities have had to many laws/rules....you cannot drive anywhere and be sure if your legal or not

1 - 20 of 24 Posts