MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been checking out the "holster" threads with your opinions on the different brands. After going to the many websites and checking out the various designs wouldn't you know....the holster I really like is the High Noon, "sky High", it's lined and Horsehide. The other is the lined horsehide Bare Asset.

The High Noon products are impressive, but many of their holsters are out of stock. One of my prerequisites was the holster had to be soft leather and lined to protect the finish of my guns and HN gave you that option.

Safariland holsters are supposed to be lined as well, but I couldn't find that option.

Anyway I thought I would share with you all my choice so far for my M&P's.

Jim

PS: I'm open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
choochboost said:
Don't assume a soft or lined holster will be easy on your finish. It will cause wear like everything else and because of its softness it will hold grit that will scratch the finish when drawing and holstering.

choochboost is right on the money here!! The kydex is not as hard on the gun finish as it may seem.

Ron

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cc carry

Thanks for your opinions guy's. I have the kydex Blackhawk SERPA Tactical Holster, but comfortable it is not. Wonderful design and if they could soften the damn thing up so it wouldn't rub you raw it would help although it doesn't conceal worth a damn either.

In my opinion a good quality lined leather holster that fits you and your gun will only improve with use (soften and slicken up) and depending on the amount of use you put it to I suppose the gun might start to show a little wear over 15-20 years. JMO

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts