MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havn't gotten out to buy the gun yet, I have picked it up and loved the way it feels, but have a few questions for guys who have carried it before.

I am fairly skinny, is this gun going to be hard to conceal with an untucked t-shirt and a IWB holster? What holster do you recomend? I have looked at the crossbreed and liked the way they look.

Just anything else about conceal and carry with this pistol.

Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not being skinny myself, I can't answer that part of your question
. The Comptac C-TAC IWB Kydex holsters are great. I hide a full size HK USP 45 with mine and it just disappears under an untucked baggy T-Shirt or button-down shirt (but then again, I'm not skinny either :wink: ). 2 nice things about the C-TAC: Adjustable cant, and it is a "tuckable", which means you can tuck your shirt in around it if you absolutely have to go tucked somewhere.

Jut note that you'll probably want to wear a regular t-shirt tucked in underneath it because the Kydex rubbing directly against your skin is not too pleasant sometimes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am medium build and carry my M&P daily in a Comp-Tac C-TAC holster. I have no problems either under a t-shirt or a light weight sport shirt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, ill bookmark that holster too. just a question, is it better to have the holster as low as possible for concealment? And if I went with the Comp-Tac holster, it almost looks like it would be easier for me to hide with the biggest cant possible, or maybe not? Also, where is the best place for the holster? (I read somewhere, about 3:30 or so) Is this for the best concealability?

I have never carried before and don't even have the license yet, but its coming soon.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
both the Crossbreed and the Ctac are well built holsters, I have a crossbreed, and its comfortable, but at the expense of drawing speed, where the ctac I'm unaware of the comfort.

I'm 5'9" at 160 and I have no problem concealing. If you wear so that the ejection port is about belt level, so that you can still draw, and cant the pistol forward so that the grip is tucking into your body, not jutting out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage IWB. Its a great holster and the M&P carries very will in it tucked or untucked. It carries almost as well as my Taurus PT-140. The extra barrel length is the only difference in how it carries. Even with the extra weight and length I prefer to carry the M&P.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Babalouie said:
I have a Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage IWB. Its a great holster and the M&P carries very will in it tucked or untucked. It carries almost as well as my Taurus PT-140. The extra barrel length is the only difference in how it carries. Even with the extra weight and length I prefer to carry the M&P.

Bobalouie, can you post a picture of you wearing your Tucker rig and M&P? How do you like the Tucker? I am giving serious consideration buy buying that same holster.

THanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts