MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was shooting some Blazer in my 9mm compact Sunday an each case ejected straight back into his face or onto his head. I have been using Mag-Tech ammo for plinking with no problem (It doesn't eject as far as my other 9mm's but ok) this was the first blazer I have tried in it. Has anyone had this happen?

J.W.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
No. Blazer casings usually fly just like other brands.

He might need to lock his wrists a little tighter.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know when I let someone new shoot my Glock 19 they have had this same problem b/c the havent shot a gun much and tend to limp wrist it where i have not had the same problem!

ryan

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I just went through about 150 rnds blazer a couple weeknds ago no problem>?? Thats wierd, maybe it just doesnt like that ammo? I dont know alot about different ammo, but alot of peeps on the site know alot, so be patient, they will reply!!! Good luck buddy

·
Registered
378 Posts
CCI Blazer is an aluminum case. It is lighter than the brass case. SOme guns like them, some do not. I have onlyc ome across 2 fullsize USPs that did not like the gun. All of my other guns, including my compact USP likes the ammo. I use it exclusively because of the price at Academy

That being said - it can eject at a different angle than regular brass due to the difference in weight.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had the same problem with my M&Pc 9mm and the Blaser. It flies up and lands on my head or right infront of my face. Brass cases land about 5-7' to my 4 o'clock.

I don't let it bug me b/c I buy it in bulk when it goes on sale locally. It is clean and accurate.

I haven't had this issue with any of my other pistols.

shoot on

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been shoot, almost exclusively, CCI Blazer Brass for the last 2 years and have no issues with either of my SIGs or my Glock. At in-doors ranges I've had them bounce off the celling or wall and hit me.

You did not state how old the son is, or strength. I might think about watching him shoot and see how is handling the gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts