MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my concealed license and am looking for a holster for my full size m&p. I'm going to carry it on my back. 5 or 6 oclock IWB. Any suggestions on carrying there and the best holster for there. I'm 6'5 220. Thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
Everyone is different, myself, I find just behind the hip on the strong hand side to be the most comfortable. 6 O'Clock is a much harder location to draw from, and not nearly as comfortable in the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What holster do you recommend? I've looked at the cal-tec, but their are many different models to choose from and I don't know which one will work the best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just recieved a c-tac IWB yesterday. I love it so far. I usually carry a p11 with the belt clip at 5'oclock, but with the full size mp40 I like it at 3 1/2 oclock. lol More comfortable in the car. As far as the mp40 goes, I picked mine up about 3 weeks ago. Fired 600 rounds through it with out one problem, (cheap 100 pk bulk S&W ammo from walmart) I think I'll start carring thiis weapon all the time. Ive only had problems with teh p11 when trying aftermarket 15 round mags, it as roughly 1500 rds through it.. Sorry to get off topic..

Go C-TAC

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
brentuf said:
Which ctac model is best? Infidel?
CTAC is a model and is the king of the Comp-Tac product line.

Here are the reasons why 6:00 carry is not very popular:

1) Uncomfortable to sit

2) Typically prints more not allowing you to bend even slightly at the waist without showing the world

3) Your shirt/jacket can get hung up on it and you would never know

4) Some warn that falling back on it may cause a back injury

5) Harder to protect against being disarmed

6) Thomas Magnum did it[/u]

·
Registered
464 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts