MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Florida resident w/ a CCW permit. What is the majority using as far as insurance God forbid you should have to use your firearm?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Expienced firearm attorneys will represent you free of charge for all criminal and civil cases for $10.95 per month. Coverage for bail is about $3 per month which you do not have to pay back. You can call them if you want and they will answer all your questions with no pressure to join.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I use Firearms Legal Protection.

When I signed up a few years back they offered the best coverage for the money. They have since raised their rates so I'm not sure if they are still the best, I am grandfathered for life at the cost I signed up at (almost half of what it is now).

Make sure you compare apples to apples. Mine covers clean up costs where some others didn't. If you splatter a bad guys brains across your living room, do you want to clean it up?
It covers the cost of you firearm up to a grand I think if the cops keep it longer than a year.
Little stuff like that adds up.

Check their web site for details if what is covered and if you can't find enough answers give them a call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had looked into all my coverage options about a year ago. I went with USCCA. I felt they were the best choice for my needs when it came down to using any weapon in defense. They offer several levels of coverage plus all the on-line training and web classes and magazine. For every thing they offer I felt is was very affordable. Not to mention the Critical Response 24-7 Hotline for the time you need to get things in place and handled fast. Several friends chose this group also. You'll find it worth looking into. They are a great support group for BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had looked into all my coverage options about a year ago. I went with USCCA. I felt they were the best choice for my needs when it came down to using any weapon in defense. They offer several levels of coverage plus all the on-line training and web classes and magazine. For every thing they offer I felt is was very affordable. Not to mention the Critical Response 24-7 Hotline for the time you need to get things in place and handled fast. Several friends chose this group also. You'll find it worth looking into. They are a great support group for BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER.
Since you felt the need to capitalize (meaning yelling) that they are great, what is your experience with them "during and after"?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to shout. As for myself my personal experience has only been on the "Before" side. Was very pleased with the response I received when I was asking questions when I was shopping around for coverage. So far they were honest with what I was told by the reps. It appears they back up what they claim to do. I have no personal experience with the "During" or "After" parts. However the experience of one of my old associates played a part in my call to go with USCCA. He did experience an encounter where he had to defend himself and discharge his handgun. He was quickly assigned legal representation and support. Took a lot of stress out of his life to have that when he needed it. He still has everything he started with. Didn't lose anything from the event that could have changed his life for the worse. USCCA was his coverage.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to shout. As for myself my personal experience has only been on the "Before" side. Was very pleased with the response I received when I was asking questions when I was shopping around for coverage. So far they were honest with what I was told by the reps. It appears they back up what they claim to do. I have no personal experience with the "During" or "After" parts. However the experience of one of my old associates played a part in my call to go with USCCA. He did experience an encounter where he had to defend himself and discharge his handgun. He was quickly assigned legal representation and support. Took a lot of stress out of his life to have that when he needed it. He still has everything he started with. Didn't lose anything from the event that could have changed his life for the worse. USCCA was his coverage.
Thank you.
If you actually know someone that used it, I'll take that as experience. If it worked as sold, that is great. I read on another forum that they didn't approve payment and left the policy holder hanging.
This is why I was asking if you had knowledge of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problem Trucker.. You called me out for good reason. That's the thing about this type of coverage. You'll never know for sure how well it works until you're in the middle of a cookout. And like everyone else...... we all hope we never have to find out it don't work. This isn't the kind of thing you invest in because it had a "Has Seen On TV" label.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Been thinking about this, not sure if I will get it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look into Second Call Defence.The Defender program is reasonable and offers overall good coverage at roughly $175 a year and they send you a check refund for th fisrt month Regardless of what company you choose it is a good idea to research and vet a good attorney. I found a 1st and second choice (just in case the first is unavailable if a call is made) Second call will walk you thru the 911 call to help make sure you don't do anything STUPID and they are with you from trigger to trial.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts