MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that the Nevada legislature met on Feb. 5 and proposed that they increase the CCW permit fee from $105 to around $300-$400. Does anyone know when that will take effect or did it even get approved?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent out a few emails and the responses I got were that the fee will not be increased anytime soon. It's just a proposal at the moment and it has to work its way up and get signed by the governor. The other email was from an assembly member and she just said there are trying to work a reciprocity bill.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I for one think that 100 dollars is absurd. It should cost 40 dollars or less, christ all they do is run a background check, take and run your prints. Half of that is what they do so you can buy the damn gun anyways (background check). You mean to tell me that running prints is worth 100 dollars?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Can anyone reccomend a class in the Reno area to take? I've talked to a friend who said his guy could get it done in 6 hours (don't know if I would brag about that) and Gun Trader reccomends sierra firearms.

Over on GT a member told me the mustang class was great if all i wanted to do was get my CCW. I'm looking for a class with a lot of information about legal issues and such...something more than "heres your CCW for showing up". Ya know.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure that the person instructing the class is also an instructor for Utah; if you plan on getting your Utah permit and gaining all of the other states. Therefore, you can knock out two birds w/one stone.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Here in TN its 115 + fee for the mandated 8 hours of class time. I've seen the classes for as little as 50 bucks if you can bring all your own gear. Lasts for 4 years, and then you can renew with no further class time for 50 bucks for 4 additional years. It is also open carry here in TN, although they advise against it, if for no other reason than you'll get to know the local PD very very well.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe the permit increase in NV was turned down for now which is a very good thing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
tatters said:
Here in Indiana, a lifetime CCW license is around 165 I think. I got one to avoid fee increases later.

Its a hundred with a prior valid permit and 125 without a prior permit. I just got mine a couple months ago, so glad I dont have to go downtown to deal with all of that anymore. What a pain.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here in IA it's $75 for the class and only $11 at the Sheriff's office, for a grand total of $86. Renewals are something like $25 a year and you have to requalify on the range the 2nd and 4th years, I believe.

·
Registered
280 Posts
jediihaf said:
Here in TN its 115 + fee for the mandated 8 hours of class time. I've seen the classes for as little as 50 bucks if you can bring all your own gear. Lasts for 4 years, and then you can renew with no further class time for 50 bucks for 4 additional years. It is also open carry here in TN, although they advise against it, if for no other reason than you'll get to know the local PD very very well.

You ain't joking, brother. While open carry is legal in TN, it is within the LEOs rights to disarm you if he feels it necessary...with that kind of wording, things get very ambiguous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nevada ccw permit fees

On a related note, the Nevada legislature has voted to recognize ccw's from states with similar requirements to ours. However, Nevada requires qualification for each make and model carried. To my knowledge, few, if any, other states do. This is a pain to me, as it means paying to re-qualify, and to get the new guns added to my permit. Just venting here, but these are extra costs associated with ccw's in Nevada. [/b]

·
Registered
564 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
Can anyone reccomend a class in the Reno area to take? I've talked to a friend who said his guy could get it done in 6 hours (don't know if I would brag about that) and Gun Trader reccomends sierra firearms.

Over on GT a member told me the mustang class was great if all i wanted to do was get my CCW. I'm looking for a class with a lot of information about legal issues and such...something more than "heres your CCW for showing up". Ya know.

I am thinking about going with Semper Firearms. They're a little pricey, but they will give private instruction in your own home if you request it. Of course, you have to follow them out to a gun range for the shooting part of it. I have heard good things about them.

Check out their website:

http://www.semperfirearms.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts