MP-Pistol Forum banner

How long did it take for your city/state to issue your CCW permit?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good god, I need to get out of NY. Six months, to the day, and we can only carry to and from the range. CCW is reserved for people like the honorable Chuck Schumer and Rosie O'Donnell's bodyguards.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Paperwork says allow 90 days, it's coming up soon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The peoples republic of MA... I (luckily) happen to live in a town with a pro-gun chief of police mine took 2 weeks, my buddy got his in 2 days.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Central Florida here and even with the electronic filing for fingerprints it took 52 days. It came in the mail on thursday, I picked up my Springfield xd subcompact on friday.
Don't worry I still like my M&P.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Walked into the Sheffif's Office, filled out the paperwork, left 15 minutes later with my CCW license.

It helped having a father who is a retired deputy.

·
Registered
873 Posts
4 weeks to the day in my part of Connecticut.

Why, you lucky so-and so!

I live in Bridgeport. I've heard horror stories. The state "mandate" (hah) of eight weeks for a reply is a joke here.

Complain, and what do you get? More delays, because the appeals process is backed up too.

My eight weeks is coming up May 2. I figure I might get my CCW this summer. Maybe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Missouri and took every bit of the 45 day wait to get mine, now I'm wondering how long a renewal takes, if anyone knows can you post it please.

Fortunately Missouri is a shall issue state, so even if they dont get a reply back in the 45 days you still get your permit,

·
Registered
25 Posts
15 Minutes. Berks County Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Northern Kentucky it took 6 months back in 2009 but I think they messed it up other people that took it sead it took about 3 for them.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts