MP-Pistol Forum banner

How long did it take for your city/state to issue your CCW permit?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's been much longer than 8 years........still can't find the application in Illinois. But I'll keep looking.....I've checked the state of Illinois site and the state police site......still can't find it......maybe I'll call Quinn and leave his staff a message and maybe they can point me in the "right" direction. Sooner or later it will be found (created). I here it's easier if you're a gangbanger....they don't seem to have a problem with Conceal and Carry permits, they get hassled and have to spend a night in jail for not having it on them, but they're usually out within a day or two and carrying again. They also get a huge discount on guns and no waiting period. Most of the time the guns are previously owned and they can avoid the taxes on the purchase as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm curious as to how long it took your city/state to process and issue your CCW permit

from when you submitted it.

From taking the class to getting the card in the mail was less than 4 weeks here in Tennessee. It cost $115 including $50 for electronic fingerprinting.

·
Registered
254 Posts
In Massachusetts, I managed to (just barely) get it done during summer vacation when I was in college.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Island County WA sucks they explain that it takes 30 days to process as they do everything "by hand." I'm a returning WA resident, I paid for my permit on the 20th of Dec and they told me their line of BS. I called 3 weeks after I asked if my permit were to be mailed or if I needed to pick it up and when my permit would be available. Again they said the same line and told me it would be ready on the 20th...

That is 31 calendar days, I'm walking in on them on the 19th to pick it up and if they say no, I'll direct them to RCW 9.41.070 and see what they tell me. They can not preempt the state law. I may have to contact my legislatures and maybe the NRA make issue of it.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.070
RCW 9.41.070

Concealed pistol license — Application — Fee — Renewal.

(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

Apparently Kitsap County is the place to go for non-residents particularly military with PCS orders. As I've read and been told they have done them in a matter of hours and issue it day one. So I call BS on Island County, leftist hippy county...

·
Registered
215 Posts
My county has a 2-step process: submit an application (in my case for a renewal) either online, or by mail. You will receive a card notifying you when you can come in to have your photo taken and license made. In my case, if I remember correctly, it was around 1 month from the time I submitted my app until I received the notification. I had my license in hand a few days later.

·
Registered
85 Posts
South Carolina was about 11 weeks

Utah was about 6 weeks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Damn how i envy you guys in the US. I am currently 6 months into my waiting period and it will be another 3 or so months before i can get a gun. Gun laws in Australia make it such a pain.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow, nice to see I'm not alone in being a new holder. I live in Idaho and near the Washington border so I drive back and forth a fair amount. Usually at least once a month. Idaho will accept Washington's CCL but they don't take ours. So I had to also get a Washington one,so now I have two. Do I score extra points for that lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
TN has gone all electronic, After your class, DMV & Finger Prints it's 2 weeks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Western Slope, CO- Both my wife and I only took 2 weeks. They told us it'd take a full 90 days so it was a welcome surprise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Surprisingly quick in WA.

I was told to expect a 30 day wait in Washington State. Got it in 10.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts