MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I carry a Glock 23 in a CTAC at about 4 o'clock. I am trying to decide which M&P to go with for a different carry setup; a full sized or compact.

For those who have Glocks in the 19/23 size frame, how does the full sized M&P compare in terms of size and ease of concealment? I can get by with my 23 in a T shirt, but I prefer for it to be heavy and darkly colored. It only prints when I bend over, and I have to be careful to keep good posture when sitting down in a public area. I am also considering a compact, though. Here in Florida we don't get too many opportunities to wear heavy clothing.

I'm considering waiting for the full sized 45, I hope it's not too much larger.

Thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I carry a G19 in a Milt Sparks VMII or CTAC and so far I've found the M&P9 to be fairly easy to conceal...not a whole lot different than the G19. It is a tad bit bigger but it still carries well. I picked up a CTAC for my M&P but I really want to try a VMII because I suspect it will be even better for me and might even allow me to carry with shorts and a t-shirt.

Oh, I'm not a big guy either; 5'5" and 130lbs so if my little arse can carry one anyone can!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have been able to conceal the fullsize with an untucked button-up shirt. BUT, if I were buying a M&P for mostly concealed carry, it would be the compact. The compact is just easier to conceal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I carried the G19 for a while in either a Tucker Answer or a Comp-Tac Infidel, but I now carry the M&Pc .40 in a UBG Canute (IWB). Both were well concealed under a loose shirt (I carry at about 4:00 also). Since I carry IWB, the only thing to be concerned about is the grip, and both are about the same size. I have a full size M&P .40, but I seldom carry it when concealment is critical. The compact seems better to me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Take a look at the "How do you carry" thread. Good stuff there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I carry a M&P9c in a C-TAC at the 3 oclock position.Great combination..The holster is by far the best IWB I've tried so far! And the 9C is a great carry gun!

·
Registered
170 Posts
another +1 on the c-T.A.C. i've got three of them. i don't have aproblem wearing a full size 1911 in church clothes. without the sport coat i mean. you will print if your moving alot but just walking around your fine.

now wearing a m&p in a white shirt thats a different story....

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I carry both the fullsize and the compact in my crossbreed holster at the 4 o'clock position. I too am a skinny guy and don't have a problem concealing either, even when I'm just wearing a fairly snug t-shirt. Fullsize is definitely easier to draw but the compact is a bit more comfortable for that carry position. By the way, the fullsize is my primary carry.

·
Registered
100 Posts

This got me wondering... I plan to CCW my fullsize in a CTAC too in the near future

1. Does the beavertail really help in taming down the recoil? Would I be missing anything if I do reduce the beavertail as shown in the pic above?

2. To those who have done this... Does it really help conceal the gun better (in a CTAC)?

Thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts