MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone after 2 days of discussion with fellow gun enthuisist's in the army I am thinking of steering away from an ak and now looking at a custom built ar-10 (same 7.62 but ar 15 type) I stumbled on a great site and they have real nice packages. Plus I can go hunting with the ar-10 easier than an ak-47 if anyone has heard of these guys let me know any feedback they seem really straightforward-Jason TIA (thanx in advance)

www.accuracysystemsinc.com

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've never heard of that company, but it does look like they have some pretty nice setups. I believe ar-15.com has a forum for AR-10's on there that surely has some pretty knowledgable people.

You should get both, though. I want to get an AK soon. Everyone's gotta have at least one AK-47!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Go with the AR10, you wont regret it...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
josh said:
You should get both, though. I want to get an AK soon. Everyone's gotta have at least one AK-47!

You are such a bad influence... :wink:

J

·
0 Posts
There is just a little bit of difference between the 7.62X39 Soviet fired in the AK47 and the 7.62X51 NATO AKA 308 Winchester.

Perhaps I should add some here so it doesn't appear to be a dis.

If you want 7.62X51 then yes you will need and AR-10 which start at about $1500 and go up from there. However if you can live with the 7.62X39 Soviet (which has ballistics very similar to the 30-30) it can be had in an AR-15 in the neighborhood of $850.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Just enough to kill ya!!

AR15.com---- GO THERE AND LEARN MUCH GRASSHOPPER!!

Armalite makes a great rifle, not the best but very respectable. The above site will answer many Q's for you and prob. information overload you to boot. But it will help sort out what you want and what you need. It will also direct you toward a good source to buy from. Good luck!! :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Buy American, built by American's sold to and bought from red blooded Americans... Questions?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Pretty huge price jump from your standard AK to an AR10 but hell if you have the cash go for it brother, If I had my choice it would be both, but who am I fooling I can even afford an MP15T at the monet....lmao

Anyway you cant go wrong with the AR10 there just awesome rifles!

Good luck, and remember as always.........POST PICS

Later Jason

101Combat Vet said:
Well everyone after 2 days of discussion with fellow gun enthuisist's in the army I am thinking of steering away from an ak and now looking at a custom built ar-10 (same 7.62 but ar 15 type) I stumbled on a great site and they have real nice packages. Plus I can go hunting with the ar-10 easier than an ak-47 if anyone has heard of these guys let me know any feedback they seem really straightforward-Jason TIA (thanx in advance)

www.accuracysystemsinc.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
101Combat Vet,

May also want to look a AR chambered for 6.8 Rem SPC. Uses a standard AR-15 lower.

To convert to 5.56 just switch the entire upper assembly and magazine. Two rifles in one.

Or even get a .22LR AR upper to pink with.

http://www.68spc.com/

Kenny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts