MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the small grip on my MP 40 since I got it since it felt the best to me when I held the gun. At the range I was having some trouble with accuracy, but being a new shooter figured that with time the accuracy would get better. Today at the range I tried the medium grip after about 30 shoots with the small grip. The results where amazing. The first three shoots hit exactly where I was aiming and the rest of my time at the range was awarded with greatly improved accuracy. At 25 yards free standing with WWB 165 grains I put 14 of 15 shoots in a 10 inch circle with 4 in the bulley-eye. This is a vast improvement from previous days. On the way home I thought about my day and the difference in grips. The best way I can describe it is that the medium grip feels fuller in my hand when compared to the smaller grip. I am guessing that there was some play with the smaller grip that has been eliminated. Live and Learn

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Went from ledium to large...

When I 1st took my MP40 to the range I was using the medium grips since that seemed to be the one most people use. It was ok but didn't quite feel right. I then realized that I was used to shooting my Sigma, SW9VE which has rather large grips. The next time I shot my MP I switched to the large grips and found they fit my rather large hands much better.

I use the medium grips on my MP compact just to make it a little smaller for CCW purposes. I also use the regular magazine not the extended one with pinky support for the same reason.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm thinking of putting the small strap on mine and putting a hogue sleeve over it. I think that would match up with the sigma nicely since that already has the hogue

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
machgt,

If you do this please let me know how it turns out. I like the idea of having the finger grooves.
Oh yeah, what size grip do you currently use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts