MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen; I tried to change grips on my daughters new pistol, according to the manual.

Do you need to use pliers to twist the pin 1/4 turn? I could not do it with my fingers. I may have to get my daughter to do it.

Actually, I felt I was putting to much force on it with just my fingers.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Some of them are VERY difficult to get out. I took a rag and wrapped it around mine and turned it with a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
mine was very hard to twist the first time, then I used a spoon to pry it out once it was turned. hopefully it works itself loose a bit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same with mine. I could hardly turn it with my fingers. Then pulling it out, had to use some parachute cord to tug with.

Make sure you turn it the full 90 degrees before attemping to pull out. Otherwise you could bugger up the "locking lugs"

Someone else on the forum mentioned using the floorplate of a magazine to pull it. I like that.

I actually used fine sandpaper the reduce the taper a little. But that's risky.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The good news is that after removing it a few times, the tool becomes easier to remove. I used pliers a few times to turn it the 90 degrees with no damage.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Also try squeezing the backstrap during the removal process. It reduces the torque on the tool and helps a great deal!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used an old towel and pliers to get mine out. The good news is that once I changed the back straps there's no need to remove it again as long as I own it. I just use a ball point pen to break it down for cleaning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts