MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Well I went with Trijicon SA37 night sights. I like the SA37Y with the green front and yellow rears a tad better but they are back ordered into next year. I have night sights on every pistol that I consider a self defense/home defense pistol.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It's all in what you're used to and personal taste. I've been shooting with blade front and notch rear for over 40 years and with 3 dot for at least 20 and it's what I'm used to and like. I can see where the Heinie dot over dot with with V cut would be lighting fast up close but it's not for me and neither is any other dot over dot or dot over bar. It's all in what you like and in training enough with your choice to be good with it.

Two things to note. One is that unlike some others Trijicon leaves a white ring around the lamp (tritium insert) to act as a daylight white dot. The second is that Trijicon warranty their green and their yellow lamps for 12 years. After which you just arrange to mail them the slide and ~$55 and they relamp them for you. I just had one of my 1911s relamped. Anyway if you go this route OpticsPlanet has them for $109 shipped.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the Warren Tactical sights, and the M&P night sights should be available Very Soon(tm). The Warrens have a unique notch design which makes for very fast, accurate shooting while obstructing the least amount of your downrange field of view.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had jester back order the SA37Y been waitin on those puppies for about 2 months now. Trijicon you slackers! I would just go for the all green ones but i have my heart set on the yellow/green ones. Im in a position were i can wait for as long as it takes.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have Meprolights in my Cougar, and I really like them.

As with the Trijicons, they have a white ring around the tube for day use.

They're both very similar. Comes down to personal preference, basically.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ref: Installing Trijicons sights SA37/Y

Because of location, the nearest gunsmith is 60 miles away.

In ref to the 40C, installing the sights, especially the front . . . doesn't it require a special tool to push it out of the slot?

Is that the same issue on installing the rear sight??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a big fan of XS sights. Very quick to aquire the target. I plan on getting a set as I am a new M&P fan and owner as of this week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Will a sight that says it fits the M&P also fit the M&P Compact, or is there a difference?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with XS sights too! I just put them on my Glock. They look great but havnt shot it yet. I'll give them a good run this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts