MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm interested in the charter Arms Bulldog in .44 special. How's the quality of this gun? At 22 oz, is this too big/heavy for conceal/carry? Is the .44 special a dying round, or will it be around for awhile?

I remember seeing Manhunter as a kid and this gun caught my interest, I guess they quit making until recently, so I just want to know if it's a good investment as a regular range/home defense gun and possibly as a CCW as well. Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
In my humble opinion... a semi-auto is much easier to carry concealed and has a much larger round capacity. If you like it and want it that is a different story. If I was going to carry a revolver it would be a chief's police special from S&W.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I live in an unfriendly gun state where high cap mags are illegal. Also you have to be a cop practically to have a CCW, so carry would only happen if I move to another state. But I just want to know specifically about the Bulldog. Thanks for your opinion tho.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have any experience with the current line of Charter Arms revolvers? The Bulldog really intrigues me, but I want a long lasting, reliable gun right out of the box. I'm not that picky about triggers and such, as long as it goes boom without siezing up after 200 rounds. Also, would it be a good idea to invest in a .44 special, or is it a dying round. I don't reload, and probably won't, so I don't want to be stuck with a gun withextremely rare ammo. Thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Well no personal experience.

Charter arms is one of those questionable names. Somewhere between charled daley and lorcin for reputation.

The bulldog is an old design revived, and the gun they used to make the pistol in the movie blade runner.

That's about all I know. You might try someplace like the high road or the firing line to reach an audience broad enough you might get a real answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts