MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
MIM strikes again?

I'm sure S&W will make good on that. Minimally they'll send you a new striker if you can install it. Or you could send back the slide and they can do it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
It can happen to the best of them... Even Glock!

Just call S&W CS, and they will make it right as rain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have three 2.0 pistols. I haven't tried buying any spare parts for them yet, but it's on the to do list. I always try to keep spares of guide rods and strikers. I'm assuming the M&P line up is popular enough to have some companies offering these parts. I hope I'm correct.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have three 2.0 pistols. I haven't tried buying any spare parts for them yet, but it's on the to do list. I always try to keep spares of guide rods and strikers. I'm assuming the M&P line up is popular enough to have some companies offering these parts. I hope I'm correct.
You can get them directly from SAW.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Call S&W, 50/50 they send you a replacement for free. If not they are $20 with shipping.
You can also buy the 1.0 or 2.0 striker on Ebay, the 1.0 is $19 and the 2.0 10° one is $36.
I would spend the extra $17 and get the 2.0 10° one, it has a much cleaner trigger break.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Call them. I had an A22, busted tang on the barrel, they actually 'smithed' a nd pinned a clip on it and sent it back free. I didn't have to pay for shipping. As for the striker, have them send you a new one, no big deal to put a new one in. Replace the spring while you are at it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I bet they send you the part free of charge. They've done this for me in the past.
Most likely they should but you never know when you are going to get that one CS agent that is having a bad day/week/life. In reality I would say it's more like 95% they just send a replacement, they had a 2.0 striker on my porch in two days which is unbelievable. I order parts and it takes almost a month, then I have to remind them to charge my CC but the replacement striker?
Here 48 hours later.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bet they send you the part free of charge. They've done this for me in the past.
Yep, I'll bet they will.

When I needed a part for my 22c (rear sight screw) I emailed S&W and they sent it out free of charge and in a timely fashion.

I hate going through phone menus and thought email would be better although I was prepared to wait a while for a response. I heard back from them almost immediately confirming that they would take care of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couldn't get through to CS. I ordered a striker from Midwest. It is chrome. The on in my gun is blue. The length is identical but it's shaped wrong. There's no way to install the spring and cups. Do I need to order a complete striker assembly? Will that work?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Couldn't get through to CS. I ordered a striker from Midwest. It is chrome. The on in my gun is blue. The length is identical but it's shaped wrong. There's no way to install the spring and cups. Do I need to order a complete striker assembly? Will that work?
I don't know, but if you either call, or click on "Send Us an Email" in the link below; they should fix your problem.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/customer-service/contact-us

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have never been unable to get through to S&W CS for service or questions, so I am unsure what you mean that you "couldn't get through.

This whole thing could have been handled in the first week of this thread by just calling CS. They would have either sent you a call tag to send the whole gun in for a quick repair or would have sent you a striker at no charge.

I simply don't know why this issue has taken months to resolve.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
^ One more reason not to respond to single digit inquires.

I too have always been able to speak to customer service to order parts etc.

IF the OP isn't motivated I'm not.

Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts