MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got one of these laser rail mounts on ebay for like $24.00. Quality seems ok but calibration is off. They can be calibrated by adjusting four tiny Allen wrench screws in front. I Tried doing this and notice that if I adjust it for a target at 10ft I'm off on targets at 25ft. Yet if I adjust it for a 25ft target I seem to be a bit off on the 10ft target. Any one know what I'm doing wrong.

The laser is made by NCStar. Anyone else have or tried these? Here is picture (below).

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
i got the same one from m1surplus as a quad rail for my shotgun i used it my last range trip found out it was pretty accurate but after double fires sometimes the laser would automaticly turn off too bad the model gun doesnt come with it :wink: :wink: i guess you get what you pay for i just used mine for quick target acquisition.. good luck

·
Registered
188 Posts
gwave969 said:
Ok so I got one of these laser rail mounts on ebay for like $24.00. Quality seems ok but calibration is off. They can be calibrated by adjusting four tiny Allen wrench screws in front. I Tried doing this and notice that if I adjust it for a target at 10ft I'm off on targets at 25ft. Yet if I adjust it for a 25ft target I seem to be a bit off on the 10ft target. Any one know what I'm doing wrong.

The laser is made by NCStar. Anyone else have or tried these? Here is picture (below).

A $24 laser? Hot damn! Is the thing decent at all?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
nothing wrong its just as chooch said, bullet and lazer cross at what ever distance you have it set.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Don't waste your time. My dad had one on a p22, and it didn't hold up

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Set it an inch or so high at 10 and it will probably be the same or very close at 25. If you want it to be accurate over a range you must take sight height above barrel center and trajectory factors into consideration. With a bit of tinkering you can set it to cross 2 points reliably.

Enjoy :twisted:

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Wouldn't hold zero, set screws fell out, on off button quit working.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Jester said:
Wouldn't hold zero, set screws fell out, on off button quit working.

I don't think I want one. Thanks for the Warning Jester

:twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts