MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I was sitting in front of the TV dry firing at the news this morning when I locked my slide back and noticed something.

on the breach face, starting at the firing pin hole, there's a chip missing. it's not the divot cut out on some MPs, but an actual chip that appears to be missing, or worn in. it's uneven, less than a millimeter deep, about 1 millimeter wide, and maybe 2-3 millimeters long, starting at the firing pin hole, tapering to a point looking down into the mag well.

i'm not greatly concerned about it; as it appears to just be wear and tear, but I was wondering if anyone knew about any defects that surrounds this sort of wear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would; but I don't have a camera that can get that fine detail. I'll have to borrow my friends dSLR and macro lens later.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the same thing but above the firing pin towards the top. mine consists of several "grooves". I figured there was some weakness in the material. It hasn't gotten any deeper so I am not concerned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chooch; it's not. it runs from the centerline of the FP hole straight down, then comes back up making a really tight triangle. it looks like when the FP hole was drilled or machined, that a little bit of the breech face wasn't quite cut completely away, so it just worked its way off.

does anyone foresee this as a problem?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
What you described is exactly what the machine mark is supposed to look like.

Its a teardrop shaped cut from the center of the FP down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
negative sirs; i've seen the teardrop FP machining and this isn't it. it's only the right side, and nowhere near as big.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts