MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot a friend's Glock 26 the other day and was impressed with its accuracy, low recoil, and terrific shootability - I was impressed, as I don't usually like Glocks that much (I'm a CZ fan). I'm trying to choose between the G26 and the new S&W M&P compact in 9mm for a CCW gun, but I've heard of magazine release problems with the M&Pc. I like the better M&P ergonomics and buying an American product, but the G26 was impressive. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Kent

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are few comparison threads here and on other boards. I havnt shot a Glock 26 but would really like to to see for myself as well. I love my 40c. Its shoots well and handles great. I would say that the consensus of those comparison threads is pretty well split and it all comes down to personal preference. Try them both and then decide for yourself.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Kent,

Please take a look at this link, http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...&highlight= . I am not much of a review writer but this was my attempt. I traded my G27 in one the M&P .40c and I have not regretted it at all. I am much more accurate with the M&P and it does not feel like a brick in my hand. I had owned the G27 for at least 2 yrs before I traded it.

Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ron, nice review and great photos. The local gun range has M&Ps for rent, so I'll see if they also rent the M&P compact. Sounds worthwhile!

Best regards,

Kent

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I was buying my 9mm, it was between the XD, Glock 26, and M&P. The XD was decent, but it just felt kind of cheap in my hands. The Glock 26 was far too small; I hate not having all fingers on the grip of the firearm while shooting. The M&P has the extension mag, which fits my hand perfectly. Shot all three, and it wasn't that the XD or 26 were bad per se, but it was like S&W purposely found the flaws in those guns (chunky slide, iffy trigger, etc.) and made the M&P to correct those mistakes.

I own the 9c now, and love it. Too bad I can't carry. Stupid Wisconsin.

·
Registered
100 Posts
At my gun shop, they are big with Glocks and M&P and at the moment its 2v1 infavor of the M&Pc, i was just in the other day looking for a compact. I havent shot either but i trust their judgement. Niether is bad though.

bklanecky said:
Too bad I can't carry. Stupid Wisconsin.

ditto, but apparent now if you are illegally carrying and use it to save your life its ok....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts