MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my local store they have the same gun S&W M&P 2.0 9 mm Shield with laser. New gun comes with 2 mags, used gun comes with 4 mags and a soft carry case.New gun $509.90... Used gun price is $350...... so $159.00 less in price plus 2 additional mags and carry bag..... I'm thinking that even though its used , being a Smith and Wesson 2.0 should still be a reliable gun to purchase , right?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would see if you could test fire the used one before purchasing, never know if the previous owner was getting rid of a problem pistol. Also does the original warranty transfer? just my 2 cents

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bought my mp shield 9mm used and haven't had any issues with it.

Here's a question for the group. Is there like a carfax for guns .? You plug in the sn and it tells you how many past owners it has.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did some poking around and found this...
Before accepting a trade in or a gun on consignment, reputable dealers check the serial number of a trade in gun on the database to make sure it is not listed as stolen. That protects you and the dealer. Mostly the dealer, I think, but if you wind up with a stolen gun it will be confiscated and you will not be reimbursed.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I did some poking around and found this...
That MIGHT work in person but don't be shocked if while buying online someone tells you to fly a kite.
Nobody in their right mind these days will give a serial number over the internet to a random nobody that says they are a buyer.
All it takes is one time fighting with cops about who owns it because the random nobody with dementia filed a stolen gun report in another state an hour after you gave them the serial number.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I rarely go through an FFL to buy/sell firearms. Have all the necessary paperwork in case it comes up, but I’m pretty sure most of the firearms I’ve handled have only passed through an FFL once.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nothing wrong with the used gun. But if you anticipate keeping it for many years, splurge on the new one. This is fact - The cost of a gun is nothing. The true cost comes from the ammo you feed it. I prefer new guns, but have had a few used ones, and ALL the used guns were excellent !

·
Registered
24 Posts
I rarely buy a new gun. Just look it over. Lock the slide open and put a bore light in. Close the slide and pull the trigger.
Buy it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts