MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother-in law and I just got new M&P9MM's his is compact and mine is full size. Both are very accurate at 15 yards. His compact was flawless, but my full size had problems. It failed to extract fired casings from the chamber 2-3 times per magazine using WWB 115gr fmj. It cycled the Remington UMC and S&B a little better, but I think I am going to call Smith and see if they will check it out on warranty. Hopefully they will remedy the problem. Only thing is, when I called , I got a recording saying they were out until Jan 2. Guess I'll have to wait.

I really like this gun, and hope I can get it fixed right.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would do the following first if you have not:

1) Clean the firearm per the manuals instructions. Make sure firearm is properly reassembled.

2) Ensure that you take a toothbrush or other brush and clean behind the extractor hook.

3) Use a good lube to make sure the firearm is properly lubricated.

4) Number your magazines to ensure that the issue is with both magazines and not just one.

If this does not work and you still have issues, send it to S&W.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I have done those things and still experienced problems. Today, I took the gun back where I bought it and they looked at it and agreed that it needed to go back to S&W.

Sent off today, will probably be a week they say til i get it back. I was assured that S&W customer service was the best in the business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts