MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for owners of the 45 model of M&P.

I was wonder is how do you all like the M&P in 45?

Just asking because I have been looking at getting one, but I am not a big fan of most polymer frame 45's I have shot. On the other hand I do own a M&P in 40 and between it and my Beretta 96 and Springfield XD 40, my Smith is hands down my favorite of them all so I figure it in 45 has to be sweet.

However, the only gun that I own in 45 right now is my 1911 and like I said before most polymer frame guns in 45 have never felt good to me.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I like mine, but not better than my 1911s. I like them both in different ways. Maybe once I get the trigger a little lighter. Down to 5lbs or so I'll get even more excited about it. My M&P45 started out with around a 9-1/2lb trigger but it quickly dropped to ~7lbs just from use. I've finally made up my mind that it needs a trigger job. I'm thinking that somewhere between 5 and 5.5lbs would be perfect for a pistol primarily intended for self defense.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like the 45 a lot, more so than my 1911. In fact, I traded the 1911 for the M&P 45. Not that I didn't enjoy the 1911, but it was a bit maintenance heavy for me. The M&P has been flawless with very little maintenance (field strip and clean occasionally). The M&P eats every type of ammo I have put through it, my 1911, not so much. I carry it frequently and the lighter weight is noticeable.

I would like to have another customized 1911 some day, but only for fun.

If you decide to try one, be sure to let us know what you think!

·
Registered
380 Posts
i LOVE the .45, to me it's the best .45 I've ever dealt with.

get it...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, so i didnt wait for it to be a christmas gift. Went to the local gun store and well my birthday is tomrrow and the money that I had got sent to me was burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Thanks much for the imput guys!!!

I am going to try to get out to the range tomorrow to try it out and will have to let you know how it went, that is unless the family has alot already planed for me!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
MP45 for your birthday, priceless!!!! Nice purchase :wink: Happy one day early B-Day brother, make sure and burn some gun powder! :twisted:

nc-gun-guy said:
Okay, so i didnt wait for it to be a christmas gift. Went to the local gun store and well my birth day is tomrrow and the money that I had got sent to me for my birthday was burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Thanks much for the imput guys!!!

I am going to try to get out to the range tomorrow to try it out and will have to let you know how it went, that is unless the family has alot already planed for me!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts