MP-Pistol Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ballistol does it all — cleans, lubes, prevents rust, hurts no plastic or metal parts and is cheap. It’s my go-to for as long as I have been shooting ( a long time).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've used Break Free CLP for about 25 years. "The military has used it for years so it can't be all that bad", was my thinking when I first used it.
I've received samples of other stuff at gun classes and shows and noticed that Slip 2000 did good as a lube and I've also used their EWG when grease was needed.

This topic is a Ford vs Chevy type thing, ask 3 people the question and get 3 different answers.
Super T- I also use a combination of Slip 2000 lube and EWG grease for my gun's rails. I was taught grease the sliding parts and oil the pivoting ones. I use CLp once in a while, but prefer separate products for separate uses.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just switched to ultrasonic cleaning and it’s pretty dam easy to clean guns. I find myself shooting more of my collection due to the ease of cleaning now. I do miss using good old hoppes. For lube I’ve used everything. It is like religion. Everybody swears there’s is the best. In the end we will find out in the afterlife I guess.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I touch of Hoppes #9 here and there and I have to beat the MAGA chicks away with a stick. It might be a solvent but it's got pheromones in it.
It isn't just for cleaning, it attracts pro 2A chicks and repels snowflake ones. Add some Mobil 1 to the mix and you get a paternity suit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I use EEZOX on all my pistol needs lubrication to cleaning

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it's kind of splitting hairs of which is the best oil and cleaner. I think most if not all will serve you well. Sure I imagine some are better than others. I will chime in with this. For a self defense pistol, I lightly lube the rails with oil, and I also put a little bit of grease on them too. The oil tends to run off and just go away in hot summer months. I'm guilty of leaving a pistol in the car when I'm in circumstances I can't carry the pistol on my person. If you are on top of it, and wipe it down and apply new lube once a week no big deal. But the grease stays where I put it. I'm not really trying to set up my pistol to shoot a couple thousand rounds without cleaning it, I just want enough lube to get me through the three mags I carry, and the grease insures my pistol is lubricated at all times.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yesterday when I cleaned my mossberg 20 gauge after firing 175 ish rounds I started with rand bore and bolt. When it didn't totally get everything I sprayed a little eezox down the barrel and that got some more but it still wasn't totally clean. So I then sprayed ballistol down the barrel and that got the remainder and made the barrel mirror shiny.

The outside of the metal I treated with eezox for rust prevention. I lubed up the slide rails for the pump and the internals with alg go juice oil.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 for Ballistol. I recently started using Royal Purple motor oil on my guns and reloading presses. At $8-$9 a quart it is affordable. +1 for Bore Tech.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts