MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I am happy to be posting right now.... While I was up iin the mountains for my 24 hours I came VERY close to death.... While up on the mountain we are in a group of two one guy up one guy down we act as an antenna while students are on one side of a mountain we are on the top in between our camp and the students. So it is two guys one hard top humvee (FLA) for the Army guys enough food for 24 hours and so on. Well it was my turn to sleep and in the back of this humvee we have two stretchers one on each side I was on the side by the exhaust.. This really smart individual decided to leave the truck run all night I woke up at about 5:30 dizzy, headache, disorientated and a very dry mouth. I walked outside and sat down for about 45 minutes to try and get most of the carbon Monoxide out of me then I fell asleep woke up yelled at him for a while and didnt think anything of it had a headache for the rest of the day decided to go to the e.r. at about 4:30 they did a blood test to determine the amount of C.M. in my blood 1.5% after more than 13 hours of my exposure I was still at risk the danger area is 5-10% so I dont know my exact level but I am very sure I was at least 6.5% I dont know what will happen to the guy will find out tomorrow when I discuss it with everyone.. I wil lkeep you posted.. I was VERY happy to kiss my daughter tonight...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts




I'm VERY sorry to hear that man, i'm very happy to know you're alive and kicking.



That is to close for comfort for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grimwulff said:




I'm VERY sorry to hear that man, i'm very happy to know you're alive and kicking.



That is to close for comfort for me.


I know survive a year in the triangle of death in Iraq to almost get killed because of negligence..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='Grimwulff']




I'm VERY sorry to hear that man, i'm very happy to know you're alive and kicking.



That is to close for comfort for me.


I know survive a year in the triangle of death in Iraq to almost get killed because of negligence..[/quote]



Irony is a huge part of life...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
chocoboost said:
[quote name='choochboost'][quote name='nightshade']Kick 'em in the teeth.
I hope you can find the strength to forgive this man.[/quote]

Yeah, that too.[/quote]





very discrete and firm advise indeed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Glad to have you back with us CV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys My family and I are very thankful as well. As for forgiveness I think that will be pretty easy to do mistakes happen its just the level of mistakes what hurts... I am breathing w/o any major problems later on down the road so as far as I can tell its past if he gets in trouble hey I am all for it if not I hope that guy counts his blessings at night..I still have a little in me today a little headache still, chest pain and so on. When they took blood from me they had to hit the artery that pumps blood and high oxygen level so the ystuck me right on the wrist and man both my hands still feel real bruised up.. Oh well all in all an eye opening experience..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had my follow up APPT today... It will take anywhere from 48-72 hours to completly pass. So more headaches, dizziness, unbalanced for a while longer... I cannot wait til its over everytime I get dizzy its a reminder of everything over and over it also doesnt help I had a family member die of CM poison so a nice little constant reminder..But still breathing and my family still has me so its all good...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
Had my follow up APPT today... It will take anywhere from 48-72 hours to completly pass. So more headaches, dizziness, unbalanced for a while longer... I cannot wait til its over everytime I get dizzy its a reminder of everything over and over it also doesnt help I had a family member die of CM poison so a nice little constant reminder..But still breathing and my family still has me so its all good...


What happened to the guy who almost killed you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well thats still in the works he apologized about 200 times today I get it man thanks for reminding me that you almost killed me every 5 minutes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
well thats still in the works he apologized about 200 times today I get it man thanks for reminding me that you almost killed me every 5 minutes


I would have answered his apologies with a kick to the sack. Then blame that on a side-effect of the CM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cannot bring myself to emptying the tool bag... maybe five minutes in a room above the waist but not the twig and berries
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
I cannot bring myself to emptying the tool bag... maybe five minutes in a room above the waist but not the twig and berries


If I did something that stupid and I got kicked in the junk 10+ times after the fact as a "lesson", I think I would learn from it. Plus, 10 kicks to the junk doesn't take as much energy or money as any other kind of teaching... obviously they didn't waste any money on this one's formal teaching, because he doesn't seem so bright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a heart beat and little side effects with a very slim chance for long term effects was I pissed oh yeah did I let him know friggn-a but My family has a dad and husband and I got a pulse.. this guys remorse has been shown and I doubt he will EVER forget my name or face he is truly sorry and I am alive...maybe a ball tap but no kick 8)
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top