MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is everything I carry on a typical weekend (I don't usually carry my backup on weekdays)

Beretta 96D .40 with 3 mags (34 rounds total)

M&P .40c (backup) with one mag (11 rounds total)

2 pair Peerless handcuffs

OC-10 Pepper Spray

Collapsible baton

Surefire tactical flashlight

Gerber Tactical Knife (Don't often use this particular knife, usually I have a smaller, folding knife)

5 "C" cell maglight

A crapload of keys.

All of this, plus body armor ends, up weighing about 27 lbs. No wonder career cops have bad backs!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Cool...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
hmmm

I bet those co-workers do not talk about you behind your back

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Re: hmmm

101Combat Vet said:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: hmmm

101Combat Vet said:

Well, the rumor mill is saying that Mr. Beretta isn't all that happy that Mr. Smith has been promoted to understudy. But, he'll get over it!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
What's up with disclaimer?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
ha....

Nice gear. but i frown on the beretta, I have always hated those pistols. I guess trying to teach someone how to shoot those POS's for 3 years does it to you.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
ohhh

I was gonna say he kinda looks like one of the guys who robbed the hollywood bank many years ago

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Re: ohhh

101Combat Vet said:
I was gonna say he kinda looks like one of the guys who robbed the hollywood bank many years ago
Now that was funny...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jester said:
ha....

Nice gear. but i frown on the beretta, I have always hated those pistols. I guess trying to teach someone how to shoot those POS's for 3 years does it to you.

Ya, we hate 'em too. They actually wouldn't be too bad except for the ridiculously long and heavy trigger pull. The frames have started to crack on us as well due to the fact that the .40's were built on the same frame as the 9's. I do like the smoothness of the action and ease of takedown. But, becuase of the problems, they've started looking for a replacement, Hopefully, we'll get the M&P!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bluethunder said:
Yeah they don't like to extract spent cases very well either.

It's funny that you mention that, because I've never heard that from the Berettas. Ours seem to work too well. We often qualify at a local PD's range and the last time we were there they asked us, not too politely, to move back a couple feet when we shoot. Apparently our spent brass was hitting each lane's control panel (located to our right, 7 feet off the ground) and was damaging the faceplate and buttons. When we shoot , our brass often flies 10 feet in the air (It hits the deflectors on the ceiling of our range), and routinely lands 7-10 yards away. We (our agency) doesn't seem to have the extraction problem!

Of course, we also use 180 grain Speer Gold Dot, and maybe the extra bit of kick causes the slide to open up more quickly, thereby throwing the brass out farther, who knows . . .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts