MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two different shootings today in two cities in Colorado. One at a religious training center and another at a church. News reports say 2 dead at the training center, and 2 dead (including the gunman) at the church. They are saying now that the bad guy was shot and killed by armed in-house security at the church. I'm sure they're glad they took the step to have armed security. The details are still coming out, no word yet on whether the two shootings were the result of the same shooter.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
man it is scary to bring a child into this place.. Society just pisses me off and I will leave it at that

·
Registered
505 Posts
as often that this is happening, im just in a loss for words anymore. Ill i can do is prey for the families that have been affected by this tragedy.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What amazes me are the people who would prefer to stick their head in the sand (that's putting it nicely) and pretend that this doesn't happen, while opposing things such as CCW. On the other extreme we have pro-gun, pro-ccw voices making assertions that these nut jobs are purposely choosing "gun-free zones" to carry out their attacks and that if we only allowed CCW in those locations the attacks would have been cut short.

The bottom line is that only the law-abiding are being disarmed, whether by "gun free zones" or by making CCW permits hard to get. This can only result in a bad situation and even a 5 year old could understand the unfairness and imbalance in that approach.

CCW is not the answer that will solve everything, but it can only help prevent people from becoming victims. As a California resident, I am very thankful for my ability to carry and I exercise that right knowing it will help to ensure that I go home at the end of the day. Today we saw how an armed individual saved lives by ending this attack, who couldn't appreciate that?

·
Registered
505 Posts
choochboost said:
What amazes me are the people who would prefer to stick their head in the sand (that's putting it nicely) and pretend that this doesn't happen, while opposing things such as CCW. On the other extreme we have pro-gun, pro-ccw voices making assertions that these nut jobs are purposely choosing "gun-free zones" to carry out their attacks and that if we only allowed CCW in those locations the attacks would have been cut short.

The bottom line is that only the law-abiding are being disarmed, whether by "gun free zones" or by making CCW permits hard to get. This can only result in a bad situation and even a 5 year old could understand the unfairness and imbalance in that approach.

CCW is not the answer that will solve everything, but it can only help prevent people from becoming victims. As a California resident, I am very thankful for my ability to carry and I exercise that right knowing it will help to ensure that I go home at the end of the day. Today we saw how an armed individual saved lives by ending this attack, who couldn't appreciate that?

I would deffinetly agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, in Illinois I don't get the option of CCW.

·
Site Staff
9,624 Posts
I don't know if they are related or not, but it would be quite a coincidence, 2 different religious settings, within easy driving distance, on the same day, it's either the same guy or a copycat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is getting out of control. I am to the point where I am considering buying guns for both vehicles, and also ccw for both my wife and I. Am I paranoid or is it really getting this bad?

·
Registered
434 Posts
we are living in a perilous times. it will proceed from bad to worst says the scriptures. no surprises... :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know the story on the CO shooter but the Omaha shooter seems to be the norm these days. What I mean is my son is 18 and while I taught him "the way it is" ie hard work, most times you won't get your way etc. the majority of kids his age think they are owd something and throw a fit when they have to work on the weekends or something trivial. This is because it seems a lot of parents are afraid to say no! I don't know how we as a country got this way but I don't think those parents have backbone enough to start when the kids are young enough (if they could do it over). it seems the media and parents are to busy trying to keep up with Hollywood and their out in left field view!

Sorry for the rant!

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's the season for crime, as my CCW instructor would say.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm amazed at how young some of these killer are! I can't imagine the contradictions if confronted by a 12 year old with a gun! Even if you are well within your right, and you have a dozen witnesses, you'll never live it down. "YOU SHOT AND KILLED A CHILD!"

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joe Merchant said:
This is getting out of control. I am to the point where I am considering buying guns for both vehicles, and also ccw for both my wife and I. Am I paranoid or is it really getting this bad?
Do what you got to do. Your safety is YOUR responsibility. I don't carry everyday because I'm paranoid, I carry every day because I can. I'm not going to be a helpless victim, wondering when the the police will arrive.

In Omaha, police were dispatched 2 minutes after the shooting started and arrived 7 minutes after the shooting started. The problem was the shooting only lasted 1 minute. The police could not stop it - they were not there. Look at your watch and count out one minute, imagining you're the target of a madman during that duration. Suddenly, 1 minute becomes a really long time. I don't want to take cover, wait for police, and hope they arrive in time, I want the ability to defend myself and will not count on the police to do it for me.

What would have happened in Colorado if they did not have armed security at that church to stop the attack? That could have just as easily been a CCW holder. Its a bold move to have in house armed security in a church as its often looked down upon. They're glad they have it now, I'm sure. But you can't count on in-house security or the police to do it for you. I recently read a post on this forum by a member that said he carries a gun every day because a cop is too heavy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts