MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay, can someone explain to me why S&W would take back the old pistols and supply the new ones for just ONE dollar? They have a lifetime warrenty so replacement parts are not the motive.... What did they serve to gain?

They had some problems with the .45 not penetrating heavy clothing. Once, a suspect’s wallet stopped a police bullet.

Must have been one rich suspect

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Smith and Wesson wants to get major Dept.s with the new gun for the public relations. It is good when you can say that X-number of departments have switched to the new gun. It helps sell guns. ON the side of Columbus PD they tested the living daylights of the M&P and it passed with flying colors so they went to it. Plus they gained a more usable gun for all sizes of officers with more bullets.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Registered
524 Posts
Maybe I just over estimate the size of the columbus PD, but I would think that a rather large financial pill to swallow for S&W, thus my surprise. Good news none the less.

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ClosetCaseNerd said:
Okay, can someone explain to me why S&W would take back the old pistols and supply the new ones for just ONE dollar? They have a lifetime warrenty so replacement parts are not the motive.... What did they serve to gain?

They had some problems with the .45 not penetrating heavy clothing. Once, a suspect’s wallet stopped a police bullet.

Good PR= More $ales!

+More interest by more PD's, it all ads up! This is exactly the same thing that Glock did to get more departments to come over to the Glock side!

·
Registered
15 Posts
ClosetCaseNerd said:

Smith could sell the old guns and at the very least, break even in the deal. Plus gain the publicity, which has already been stated...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Police didn’t want to go to a 9 mm, Corcoran said, because those bullets tend to pass through a person without stopping them.

"We weren’t looking at tearing somebody up," he said. "We were looking at stopping somebody’s actions with the least amount of rounds possible

Er....I think being shot, more than once, with a 40 (you know they're using HP) would qualify you as being "torn up". I think it's a bit on the interesting side that I'm the proud owner of the same thing Columbus PD is armed with, and I can probably shoot better than a few of them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts