MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new IWB holster for my M&P 40c and I’ve heard Great things about the CTAC and the Infidel, so I’ve narrowed it to these two. Can anyone give me pros and cons of each. comfort, visibility, etc.. I know that there is quite a bit on both of these but I was just looking for something definitive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You owe it to yourself to check out the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. I have my 40C in one as I type this and it is comfy!!

In fact I will sell you my CTAC slide for a 40C.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
+1 on crossbreed. I have the standard IWB and love it. I've tried both the C-TAC and the Infidel and wasn't particularly impressed with either. I was going to post this up earlier but didn't want to be the lone nay sayer. :wink:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I have a CTAC that I wear every day and it covers with my full size 40 easy. Shot my first IDPA last sunday using the CTAC and it was great , I never thought of the holster during the match, it stayed in place perfect . 18 different ways to set this holster. You can order both holsters and send back the one you dont like as they have a 30 day money back deal. Give the guys at comp-tac a call they are great and will work with you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info, my wife went and got me the CTAC (god I love that woman) Ill post my review when I get it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I bought a CTAC Monday night online. Shipped out quickly the next day, so should only take a few days from TX. Can't wait.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just received my CTAC on Saturday and I'm actually returning it. Nice product but it just didn't fit me well. I suppose that the leather would eventually absorb moisture and be more form-fitting to my side, but with only a 30 day return policy, I didn't want to chance it. It was stabbing me in my fat roll!
I think I'm going to go with the Comp-tac OWB belt holster and if I ever decide to carry it in concealment, I'll either use a fanny pack (ugh) or I'll buy the infidel or something much more compact in nature.

·
Registered
188 Posts
choochboost said:
I didn't like the stock configuration of my first CTAC either. I had to make it comfortable by switching the tabs, smoothing the edges of the kydex, and applying Moleskin. I worked on another one last night. Now they are perfect.

I hear you. Part of the reason I want an OWB holder now is to have something for potential competition. I still think the infidel or something smaller than the CTAC would be more comfortable IMO. Not as sturdy though. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The paddles are obviously easier to get on/off as you don't have to thread your belt onto the holster. They are still very secure though. I was very hesitant at first, but Comp-Tac's GM assured me that I would be happy with the stability of their paddle. He was right.

They sit very close as well. I don't know how that compares to their belt holster. I would suggest you call JB, Comp-Tac's GM, and ask him to explain the virtues of each. He'll take the time to talk with you and help you make the best decision based on what you want and what you're using it for. His number is 281-209-3040.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
188 Posts
choochboost said:
The paddles are obviously easier to get on/off as you don't have to thread your belt onto the holster. They are still very secure though. I was very hesitant at first, but Comp-Tac's GM assured me that I would be happy with the stability of their paddle. He was right.

They sit very close as well. I don't know how that compares to their belt holster. I would suggest you call JB, Comp-Tac's GM, and ask him to explain the virtues of each. He'll take the time to talk with you and help you make the best decision based on what you want and what you're using it for. His number is 281-209-3040.

Thanks. I suppose I would just be concerned about how flexible and form-fitting the paddle portion would be. We'll see.

·
Registered
188 Posts
choochboost said:
It is not flexible. It is formed from the same piece of kydex as the holster body. It is not an attachment. It also has a slight curve in it to fit to the body.

Hmm. I suppose for various body types, the paddle would stick out the front/back of the pants, causing big bulges or dig into the legs.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just ordered a CTAC, but I wanted one that will fit both my full size M&P9 and my compact. The guys at Comp-tac told me to use the "belt-slide" version and that it would work perfectly.

So, I ordered it and will post some thoughts when it arrives.

·
Registered
188 Posts
choochboost said:
Mad Max, I just took these pics for you. This particular holster is the FBI Paddle for a USP.

I got it from every angle so you can get an idea of it's dimensions. The paddle only "sticks out" where its designed to anchor under the belt. It does not cause big bulges, nor does it did into the legs.

Hey thanks so much for those pics. That definitely helps, as I thought the paddle would have to be much bigger. And you think this is stable enough? Comp-Tac seems to think so, but I'm waffling between a paddle and belt holster.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts