MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this holster a few days back. My original post can be found here( http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2909 ). I took some more pics with the gun in the holster, so thought I would post some of them. Hope you enjoy them. This is a great holster. Very secure and comfortable. I wore it all day yesterday and at times forgot it was even there.

Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
I see that the Infidel and the CTAC are popular Comp-tac holsters for the MP... are there any advantages of one over the other?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The Infidel can be configured a number of different ways, and there would be pros and cons and subjective preferences for each.

The CTAC features one clip on either side of the holster body, allowing for low profile carry. The tabs can be adjusted to give you 18 carrying positions which allow the holster can be adjusted for height and cant.

Both are great holsters.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Would it be too much to ask to see a pic with the holster/gun worn on your person?

·
Registered
264 Posts
No pics to share, but i have the Infidel for the MP and used to use the CTAC for my XD. The CTAC has a LOT of adjustability to it, so you can cystomize the depth, angle... While the Infidel has a lot of mounting options, the cant and depth are pretty much set. Both are VERY comfortable to wear over long periods. I have driven in a compact (Suzuki Aerio SX) for hours without much discomfort. Now there was some discomfort, but then there was the same discomfort wearing a VM2. My only qualm with the CTAC was the mounting clips. I could NEVER make them work. No matter what belt I used, double thick leather, Wilderness CSM... nothing would work. With the standard clips the rear would come loose during the draw. With the C clips, the front wouldnt hold. I finally had to reform the standard clips using a heat gun. The then broke after a few months, which is exactly what the guys at Comp-Tac said would happen. I will give them a ot of credit in that they walked me through in that they walked me through the reforming process. If the CTAC came with loops i'd be in hog heaven.

The Infidel is also vero comforttable, even in the car. Spent almost 600 miles behind the wheel this Spring Break with the MP riding in the Infidel. Comfort was the same as the CTAC or any other leather IWB holster i have used. So far the Infidel has been a great accessory. Only concern is with the tensieh screws to get good ton adjustment. I am having to really bear down on the screws before getting good tension. Looks like the little dimples in the trigger guard area arent that deep. Its not much of an issue as I can get good retention still.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi ront...do you have any pics of you wearing the infidel holster...I've been thinking about getting one for a while..Is it really comfortable? It just doesnt look like it would be..I'm thinking kydex IWB would not be he way to go...need some opinions and pics...thank you

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pictures that I took yesterday with my Infidel in place. Hope this gives some of you an idea of how it sits.

Ron

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Ron, Thought I'd let you know I made up my mind and just ordered my first C-TAC today. The general manager over at Comptac ( J.B.) was very helpful and gave me his time to answer my questions. Definately the model other companies should follow...Now I can't wait to get it...Thanks Ron and to everyone else for your help!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PENS-66, I think that you are going to very happy with your purchase!! Comp-tac makes great gear and as you have already found out, has great CS. I am looking forward to a review and pics!

Ron

·
Registered
89 Posts
Comp-Tac Holsters

Hey You guy's, What's Happening? I tell ya! After goin through the process of deciding on the M&P's as my choice for a new 9mm compact and a 40 cal full size pickin the right holster is a tough business. I mean...if I can be as happy with my choice of holster as I am with my decision to go with S&W M&P's I'll be one damn happy camper.

All the positive reviews of the Comp-Tac (Infidel and C T A C) are impressive to say the least and have my attention. Originally I had my heart set on a really good leather holster for both OWB and IWB (two separate holsters), but now I'm not sure because of your great reviews of the Comp-Tac holsters.

I have one major unresolved concern. Based on the great pic's you've all so gnerously shared with us I am still leaft with one question unanswered. I think we're all looking for a ccw, but where are the pic's and reviews with the pistol concealed? I haven't seen any of those or read a word about really concealling your pistol using the Comp-Tac.

I would really like to hear and see some pics on this aspect of the holster. No coats allowed because I know we can conceal a horse under those. lol SO....how well does it conceal???

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I generally am wearing a light jacket this time of year. I also generally tuck my shirts in. So if I can't wear the jack, a loose button up shirt would cover the Infidel just fine. When I can't wear cover cloths, I will carry my Kel-tec P3AT.

Ron

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
my CTAC arrived today.have it on now in 4oclock and it feels great covers easy with tee shirt.can tuck a shirt in aroud it even but would practice alot before use this way

·
Registered
403 Posts
I decided a while back that I'm way too paranoid about concealing my guns. I am a correctional officer of the last 11 years and by habit I look people over and even when I'm LOOKING for someone carrying I have RARELY ever made someone carrying a gun on the street. Most people don't look at all and probably wouldn't notice it if I had a sign on it. If its stable and comfortable and you draw well from it I say its the right one for you. Throw a shirt over it and off you go.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are so many things that can be hanging from a guys belt these days, a bump is hardly ever noticed.

Ron

1 - 20 of 22 Posts