1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
471 Posts
Morgan Walker, I think you will love the CTAC. It is a great holster!! It has a lot of built in adjustability built in to it! I would have gotten one, but it is very similar to a leather holster that I have on order. I did get the Infidel though and I do like it very much. I am looking forward to your thoughts on the CTAC! Comp-tac makes a great kydex holster!!

Here are a couple pics of the Infidel.

Ron

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
20 Posts
got one! couple of hints, wear it just behind your hip and you won't even know it's there. other hint, make sure you get a good belt. i have a crappy one and the ctac moves around a bit. it's nice and i like the fact that it clicks the gun into place. i hang mine in the closet with the gun upside down when i'm not wearing it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
HeavyDuty, I have not had any problems with "inadvertent magazine ejection with the Infidel". The way the holster is molded in the area around the mag release would make that pretty difficult to happen.

Ron

·
Registered
89 Posts
comtec

How comfortable are these holsters? I have a Blackhawk Serpa belt holster that's ok for carrying your pistol, but isn't very good for cc.(too big and bulky). I'm afraid the kydex is too hard to carry IWB and be comfortable. Help me out you guys who have them cause I'm leaning towards a good leather lined one from High Noon that's made for the M&P's. One IWB and one OWB.

Jim

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The hardness of the kydex itself has nothing to do with comfort or lack of it IMO. If you stick something IWB, you're generally going to feel it, until you get used to it and then you won't even know its there. Because you are wearing it on your side, and there is no need for it to "give", the hard kydex works great. Some find the texture of the kydex on the back of the holster cause some irritation but Molesklin takes care of that. There are some other steps I take with my CTACs, but I can tell you that my CTACs are comfortable. I make sure they are. If they weren't, I wouldn't keep buying them. When you feel like a OWB day, I highly recommend Comp-tac's FBI Paddle. It sits nice and close and the slight forward cant hides the grip of the gun better. You have nothing to lose by buying a Comp-Tac holster. They have a 30-day return policy, so get one, try it out, and if you don't like it, send it back. Simple as that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
89 Posts
comp tac

Thanks for the reply. Since you have had a lot of experience with these Comp-Tac holsters help me out a little if you will please?

1. Does your holster experience include having used leather holsters? If so, how do they compare as far as comfort and then I've heard lined or unlined leather holsters tend to leave wear marks on your gun much more than kydex holsters (funny but it seems it would be just the oppisite given the hardness of the kydex products)? Whats your opinion?

2. I guess I'm dumb, but what the hell is "moleskin"? Surely it's not from those little basturds that mess up my yard.

3. Does Comp-Tac manufacture "skin shields" as accessories for their holsters?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
choochboost said:
When you feel like a OWB day, I highly recommend Comp-tac's FBI Paddle. It sits nice and close and the slight forward cant hides the grip of the gun better.

What he said! I have a Comp-Tac Infidel (for my G19) and the FBI Paddle (for my M&Pc 40). Both are excellent. I prefer the FBI Paddle for OWB in preference to my Blackhawk with the paddle attachment, both because it carries tighter and it releases more easily from my belt. Never had any trouble with any aspect of the Comp-Tacs.

·
Registered
471 Posts
JimK66, what happens with the leather holsters is that, the leather over time, tends to trap grit and debris and that is what starts to wear the finish on your gun. It is not the leather that causes the wear. Another nice thing about the kydex is that reholstering your weapon is very easy since the kydex will not collapse. It is very fast. As choochboost, a well made kydex holster will take a bit to get used to, but before long, you will not even know that it is there.

BTW, IMHO, Comp-tac makes some of the best kydex holsters available. I have one of their "Infidel" holsters.

Ron

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Re: comp tac

JimK66 said:
Thanks for the reply. Since you have had a lot of experience with these Comp-Tac holsters help me out a little if you will please?

1. Does your holster experience include having used leather holsters? If so, how do they compare as far as comfort and then I've heard lined or unlined leather holsters tend to leave wear marks on your gun much more than kydex holsters (funny but it seems it would be just the oppisite given the hardness of the kydex products)? Whats your opinion?
Yes, but not a lot. It just doesn't give me what I need, while kydex gives me everything I need. It will ALWAYS fit the same way, its fast, clicks into place, incredibly easy to clean, slimmer, etc. Leather holsters, lined or unlined, WILL wear your gun's finish, as will virtually every holster regardless of what it is made of. The softer the leather, the more it may hold grit and thrash your finish. This is especially true of the lined holsters.

Here is the best explanation I've ever seen on the topic of holster wear by Dfariswheel on TFL:

JimK66 said:
2. I guess I'm dumb, but what the hell is "moleskin"? Surely it's not from those little basturds that mess up my yard.

3. Does Comp-Tac manufacture "skin shields" as accessories for their holsters?

Thanks,

Jim
Moleskin can be found in the footcare section of your local drugstore. It's soft cloth material with adhesive on one side that is used to prevent prevent blisters. Works great on kydex holsters as well.

If by "Skin Shields" you mean that piece of the holster that prevents direct skin contact with the rear of slide, then yes, all Comp-Tac IWB holsters are designed with "Skin Shields". They are not add-ons.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: comp tac

I finally made up my mind and ordered my first C-TAC today.I spoke to J.B. the general manager over at Comptac.He was very helpfull. Thank you guys too for all your input in helping me choose the c-tac...now I can't wait to get it

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
89 Posts
comp-tac

Thanks for the info. MW, I can't wait to hear what you think of your new outfit so be sure to give us a thorough report.

jim

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RECEIVED MY CTAC TODAY

Well I got mine today, 4 days from the time I ordered. I have already modified it IAW this: http://californiaccw.org/posts/list/793.page Once I put it on, I will have to do some additional adjustments. I have my Fullsize in now, and I feel it every which way I turn, but its not uncomfortable rather I think it will just take some time to get used too. I chose the standard clips with 1.5 belt loop, so I can put it on most anything. Even seated, or bending, you know its there, but its not really that much of a burden. I think its the weight of the weapon that is so noticable. I haven't picked up the moleskin yet, but will tonight and put it on the back for further comfort. I suggest to all of us newbie's to CCW that you don't mash your weapon down while you have CTAC on, or you may pinch you spare tire a bit, like I did this morning thinking I was "Dirty Harry." I think I may take my Dremel to the edges, just to smooth them a bit more, not to say they aren't now, but a little more couldn't hurt. All in all, I am 100% satisfied with the product. I am anxious to see how my compact will fit as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: RECEIVED MY CTAC TODAY

Morgan Walker said:
Well I got mine today, 4 days from the time I ordered.

I ordered mine on Monday so after reading this, I sprinted to our mailroom to see if maybe I had any Comp-Tac goodness waiting for me. No such luck today.
Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good to hear MW!! Those pinches do hurt don't they. Generally the sweat guard helps to prevent that. I also dremeled some of the edges on my Infidel. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts. You must have bought a CTAC the would fit both the full size and the compact?

Ron

1 - 20 of 44 Posts