MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me start off by saying I have found my new favorite holster. I do not have a lot of experience with holsters or carrying. I do not have my permit yet, but I have been wearing my M&P9 around the house. I have been using a CTAC and it is a great holster and the flexability is top notch, but the top of the holster always dug into my side and I could not see wearing it all day. I decided to try the MTAC.

I got the MTAC in the mail today and was not able to try it until I come home. When I got home I put on the holster and immediately I could tell it was much more comfortable then the CTAC. The leather backing forms to my side rather than digging into it. The pistol slides in easy, but stays put. I turned the holster upside down and the pistol stayed in there. There is a tension screw that can be tightened, but I did not think it needed it. The one thing that I did like about the CTAC is that the pistol would make a click sound that you could hear and see. I could always tell when the pistol was seated, with the MTAC, I am finding myself pushing and pushing the pistol in until my pants start to fall off. I figure I will get over this eventually, because I know the gun is secure. After I got the holster in the position on the belt and the body that I wanted, I tried several shirts on to test the printing. I wear a lot of t-shirts, so my ultimate goal was to be able to hide my fullsize under t-shirts. This holster hides under most of my t-shirts very well.

I also bought a Comp-Tac single magazine holder with Tec-Loc. It is a very nice sturdy holster. I went with this one over the regular holder because I was looking for a horizontal holster that I could wear on the small of my back. This holder is to think in profile for that, but it did wear well at 9:00, but printed a little bit. I my return it for a regular holder that is lower profile for 9:00 and try a different horizontal holder from someone else.

Overall I am very satisfied with both products and will update this thread as time goes on.

Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Thanks for the review!

utarch00 said:
The one thing that I did like about the CTAC is that the pistol would make a click sound that you could hear and see. I could always tell when the pistol was seated, with the MTAC, I am finding myself pushing and pushing the pistol in until my pants start to fall off.
This is why I will probably stick with the CTAC. I love that click. 8)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yup, thanks for the pics and the write-up. Say, did you also get any free candy with your order? Always thought that it was a nice touch!

- Lee -

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered the same combo and received it last Friday. I to am very happy with the construction a fit of the holster as well as the mag holster...especially since you can rotate it!

As far as candy goes, I got smarties in each of the items I ordered. I thought that was hilarious....and my 2 1/2 year old came over while I was off telling my wife and ate them all!! LOL Oh well

·
Registered
231 Posts
How do you guys feel about not having a guard or safety over the mag release button? I know that when I had my CTAC it had some what of a covering but this MTAC is just open.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
No matter what holster I choose, the mag release is not covered. I'm okay with it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
im still waiting on my MTAC to come in the mail... ill be sure to post a review contrasting the CTAC and other holsters that have that covering to the MTAC, if you guys would like

·
Registered
100 Posts
How is the draw compared to the CTAC? Is it same as drawing from a leather holster or same as drawing from the CTAC?

Based on the pics... I think this MTAC is capable of a bigger cant compared to the CTAC (just what I'm looking for). Even with the clips both on the middle hole, it already has a noticeable cant.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
chocoboy said:
How is the draw compared to the CTAC?
From what I've heard, its more like leather and less like kydex. No click in, click out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
choochboost said:
[quote name='chocoboy']How is the draw compared to the CTAC?
From what I've heard, its more like leather and less like kydex. No click in, click out.[/quote]

I checked the draw and I would say it is half smooth like a leather holster and half clicky like a kydex holster. Now also understand that I have never had an all leather holster, so I do not actually know what one feels like. It is pretty smooth until the muzzle gets into the narrow part of the holster and starts touching the kydex more.

Here are some not great pictures of me wearing it. Pardon my lovely midsection and my wife and her mothers taste.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts